I'll Be There for You

Dhruv's Point of View:

I drive to another destination with Arya next to me in the passenger side seat.

As I drive I often look at her to just see her staring off into who knows where as she's just looking forward at the road. I pull into an empty parking lot and put the car in park; when I lean back I look back at Arya. She looks at me so, I can see her face as the tears have stopped but, will continue in a little bit.

I place my arm around her to comfort her as she leans over to place her head on my chest and begins to cry again.

After, a while we're in the back seat and I still have my arms around her as she still has her head on my chest and hugs me tightly.

I stroke her hair and asked her "When did this first happen?".

She sniffles before answering "Remember when you came over to my house to work on our math project?" she asked.

"Yeah" I said.

"It started a week before that" she added.

"What?" I said as she lifts up her head to look at me.

"Arya, that was like months ago. Why didn't you tell me?" I added.

"I don't know. I just couldn't" she said.

"Why would he even start to beat you, anyways?" I asked.

"He saw that me and you were good friends that he thought something was going on between us" she said.

"So, it's pretty much my fault, that he did this to you" I said.

"No, Dhruv it's not. Blake just didn't like the fact that I started to make friends when, he didn't want me to hang out with any other guy but, him" she said.

"Did he try to do anything that you didn't want to do?" I asked.

"He tried, it almost happened until, his mom walked in and I managed to run out of his house" she said.

"When did that happen?" I asked.

"It happened after our dance after, you left and the others left and I was the last one in the dance room and he was there" she said.

I tried not to cry and stay strong for her; I pulled her head back to my chest and gave her another hug.

"Do your parents know?" I asked. "No but, I'm going to have to tell them but, I'm scared. Will you come with me to help me tell them?" she said.

"Yeah, of course. I'll always be there for you" I said.

"On the other hand maybe you just call them right now. They're probably wondering where you're at since you ran off the stage and wonder where you're at" I suggested.

"That could work too" she said.

And with that being said, Arya pulled out her phone to call her mom and put it on her speaker phone listening to ringing waiting for someone to pick up.