Greifswald Werewolf

Records from 1640 show that the German city of Greifswald was once completely overrun by gruesome werewolves. The werewolf population become so overwhelming and so large that it took over then entire city, working outward from the main square in Rokover Street. Any human dumb enough to walk around after sunset was doomed to a horrible death by the claws and fangs of the local werewolves.

According to the story of this city, it says that finally a brave group of students decided they were sick of being cowards and sick being fearful of leaving their homes at night. One night they all got together and readied themselves to give the blasted werewolves a hell of a fight. Not a wise move on their part. While they had courage and guts, their weak human power was nothing compared to the great power and strength of the werewolves. Lets just say the once metaphysical guts they had, well, they ended up all over the street.

After that colossal failure one smart boy came up with a better idea for their second go at the lycanthropes. He suggested that they collect all of their silver buttons, silver belt buckles, goblets, jewelry, forks, spoons and so forth and melt them down into silver bullets for their muskets and pistols. This time they had weapons and so they went out into the night to once again, this time properly prepared and attack the fearsome werewolves that had taken over their home. This time around they slaughtered the werewolves and saved the city of Greifswald from their evil control.