Chapter 8

(Mallow's point of view)

I was so happy today not only because Llima had asked me to be his girlfriend but also I was going to have a segment on Cooking with Hala! Which is the biggest Tv network cooking show. I was so excited that I could hardly wait. Until I found out that it was a cook off against me and (y/n). I knew though that no one could ever beat me in a cook off so I wasn't worrying.

But that was this morning and this is now. I'm at Hala's house with him and (y/n). Here friends were there also cheering her on. Llima was there to but was cheering for both of us.

I was making a Fried Finneon with a side of honey mustard. Bathed in a sauce made from lemon juice and nectar. I also had a fresh Alolian salad. Which consists of mangos, pinap berries, and lettuce.

(Your point of view)

I was making fried shrimp with a lemon sauce. With a Kantonian salad. Which is consisted of lettuce leppa berries, bacon, and a moo moo milk dressing.

*Time skip brought to you by Hala's cooking show*

(Mallow's point of view)

Hala was tasting both of our dishes. He said "A dash of nutmeg very nice choice (y/n). But Mallow's Fried Finneon is exquisite."

He went away for a moment and came back. He said "I have made a decision! After this commercial break!"

I frowned.

(Y/n) on the other hand took the opportunity to talk to her friends.

A worker called "Five seconds, places everyone!"

We stood back where we were.

Hala said "Welcome back to Crazy cooking! I'm your host Kahuna Hala and we were just about to reveal the results for our cook off. But I'm stumped. So we are asking you! Who should win the cook off!"

I refrained myself from yelling at him.

Hala said "Now to find both these girls fine recipes they are on our website at Crazycookingrecipes.com and they will be on your screen in three.. two.. one.."

On the screen the numbers next to mine and (y/n) names fluctuated.

*Time skip brought to you by Silvally's vote*

Hala said "And (y/n) is the winner!!!"

(Y/n) and her friends cheered and talked a lot.

Llima hugged me and walked me home. I was sad, no this was worse than sad. I'm suppose to be the best chef. I'm suppose to win at anything cooking wise. But no of course it just had to be the champion of Alola, and not to mention my boyfriend's crush. No it wasn't a crush, maybe it was just the chase. He knew he couldn't have her and he wanted her because of it. But it wasn't a crush. My thoughts sunk me into depression. That's what this was depression not sadness. I hadn't noticed Llima had unlocked my door using the spare key under my potted plant, guided me to the couch and sat me down. I came away from my thoughts and said "Llima?" My voice was soft and timid almost. I was a shell of my former self.

Llima bent down and hugged me. I was warm in his embrace. He kissed me on the forehead and said "Everything will be fine. (Y/n) is just good a lot of things just like you are."

I grumbled something that honestly I couldn't understand myself. I was basically just answering by growling a bit.

Llima tilted my chin up and my sad, broken hearted eyes stared into his.

(Llima's point of view)

As I stared into Mallow's eyes I saw an empty shell of her former self. She was broken, the only thing that she thought no one could beat her at was taken away. (Y/n) had beaten her, and now she couldn't see her purpose in life anymore.

I said "Where did those pretty eyes that I fell in love with go?"

She mumbled something not understandable to the human ears. Those eyes that I loved so much were full of sadness and I kissed her softly.

I said "Everything will be ok. Your always so strong and giving me your strength. Now it's my turn to give you strength and to help you. I promise you everything will be ok..."