Chapter 8

Arcee sits on the berth in Med Bay as Knock Out checks her wounds, "That's a pretty bad wound you have there. Airachnid sure got you good."

Arcee snarled, "Yeah, and I don't even know why she attacked me or what her beef with me is."

Knock Out went silent as he wasn't sure of what to say, he just went on with fixing up her wound. Megatron walked in just as Knock Out finished up, "How's it going?"

"She'll live, but she needs to rest up for a little while to let the wound fully heal, the cut was deep. I'm all done, you may go now."

Arcee rolled her optics as she got up off the berth, she hates the thought of having to rest for a long period of time and not being able to do anything. She left Med Bay and headed to Soundwave's room. Megatron really needs to hurry up and get her a room.

Once Arcee left, Megatron looked at Knock Out, "Is the chip still functioning well?"

"Yes, my liege, she doesn't even know why Airachnid attacked her."

"Good," Megatron says as he turns to head out, "Make sure it stays that way."

"Yes, my lord."

Megatron left Med Bay and walked through the corridors until he caught up to Arcee, "Need help getting to the room?"

"No, I can make it on my own," Arcee replied. She was confused as to why he would ask that, he doesn't seem like the type to help any of his soldiers or followers.

"I'm sure you can," Megatron mumbled.

Arcee looked at him, still confused but she decided to just shrug it off for now, "When am I getting my room?"

"Soon, we're still working on it."

Arcee just nodded as they kept walking. They finally reached Soundwave's room and went in. Arcee walks over to the berth and lays down. Megatron watches her for a moment then turns to leave just as Soundwave comes in. Soundwave looked at Arcee and saw she was wounded and wondered what happened. "She was attacked by Airachnid and she wounded her," Megatron explained, "Keep an optic on her."

Soundwave nodded and Megatron left the room. Soundwave went over to Arcee and looked her over before going over to the table to set Laserbeak down so he could upgrade his tracking to try and push along the process of finding the Autobots. Arcee looks over at Soundwave and carefully sits up, "Soundwave, do you know why that femme, Airachnid, would attack me?" She asked.

Soundwave stalled for a moment as his spark leaped at the sound of her saying his name, he looked at her and shook his helm. As much as he wanted to tell her the truth he couldn't. He then went back to what he was doing.

Arcee let out a sigh of frustration, "Just great! I have a crazy femme out to kill me and I don't know why! Lord Megatron is acting weird and I have a human child who claims I'm his partner and I can't recall ever seeing him before! Do you know why Megatron is acting so weird?"

Soundwave stopped what he was doing and turned to look at her, "Weird how?"

"He walked with me to the room and asked me if I needed help getting to the room. It just seems weird to me that he would do that." Soundwave just stays silent, he knows exactly why he's acting weird but he won't say it, he just shakes his helm after a moment. "I'm finding it kind of hard to believe you don't know given your status and rank." Soundwave just turned and went back to work on Laserbeak and Arcee watched him. "Why are you helping me out? Why have you been kind to me? You don't really seem like the type yourself to do such things."

Soundwave stalled again, he wasn't sure if he should tell her or not. He decides to go ahead and say something as he gets back to upgrading Laserbeak, "Because... I'm always kind like that to the ones I care about."

"Care about?" Arcee repeated in confusion, "You care about me?"

"Yes... I've been falling for you."

Arcee looked at him in surprise, "Well... Thanks for telling me. But afraid I can't say I feel the same, I don't see myself getting with any bot especially not a 'Con. Not sure why but I can't see myself getting with a 'Con more than any other."

Soundwave just gave a slight nod as he continued with his work, his spark started breaking after hearing that but he wouldn't show it and he wouldn't let it get to him and affect his work. Arcee just laid back down and tried to fall into recharge.

~~~~~~~~~~

A few days later, Breakdown returned to the Nemesis from a mission with Airachnid on his back. The femme was accepted back and Knock Out helped her get off of Breakdown's back. She roamed free through the ship and even had a couple of run-ins with Arcee. One day, Arcee was in the training room doing some training, her wound had healed and Knock Out said she could get back to being active again, so she decided to train to get the Energon flowing again. Airachnid walks into the room and sees her, "Mind if I train with you?" Airachnid asked with a devilish smirk.

Arcee could tell she was up to something but she never refused a fight, training partner, or otherwise, so she went on and trained with her but kept her guard up. Airachnid threw a punch but Arcee blocked it, she threw a swift kick to the femme's side but Airachnid caught her foot with a couple of her spider legs. She slammed Arcee onto the ground and then attempted to throw her into a wall but Arcee gathered herself just in time to bring her body around so she could land on her feet and slide back into the wall. Arcee brings out her arm blades and goes to attack Airachnid.

~~~~~~~~~~

Megatron was on the bridge looking over things when Soundwave walked up to him. He brings up camera footage on his visor showing Arcee and Airachnid fighting. "Airachnid is trying to take out Arcee again! I'll take care of this, she won't make another attempt when I'm done with her!" Megatron said as he walked off the bridge and headed to the training room where Airachnid and Arcee were.