Chapter 7

Optimus and Jack arrive at the location they were sent by the man on the other side of the device Jack found. They find themselves in a shipping yard and before they know it they are surrounded by M.E.C.H. Optimus lets Jack out and transforms as Airachnid shows herself, "This whole thing was meant for Arcee! Where is she!?"

"She's not with us at the moment," Optimus replied, "Now tell me, what have you done with Mrs. Darby?"

"She's nearby. You can save her if you can get to her in time," Airachnid says to Jack as a challenge. Jack ran off to search for his mom as Airachnid tried to attack Optimus. Optimus, however, avoided her attack and did a counter-attack before he was hit with a blast of electricity that knocked him out.

~~~~~~~~~~

Arcee woke up to the door opening and saw Soundwave walking in. She watched him as he went over to the table where Laserbeak was resting to check on him. Arcee got up and walked over to him, "How is he?" She didn't know why she asked that or why she even cared but she did and the question is out already.

Soundwave looked at her, "See for yourself," he said as he cautiously grabbed her servo and pulled her over. He guides her servo over Laserbeak's form to show how he examines him and how he's doing. His spark pulsed faster as he stood very close to her with his chest practically on her back, he clenched his other servo into a fist to resist the urge to touch the femme or do anything to make her go on a counter-attack.

She just stands there watching Soundwave guide her servo, she starts getting a funny feeling but is unsure as to what it is or what it could mean. Soundwave backs up as he releases her servo, "Now you know how he's doing."

Arcee nodded as she moved away, "He seems to be doing fine. Have you rested any?" The question came out before she could stop herself.

Soundwave looked at her with a bit of surprise at the fact that she even asked that, but she couldn't see it behind the visor. "No... I'm going to now... Lord Megatron wishes to see you," he replies to her as he turns and heads to his berth. Arcee heads out of the room to go see what Megatron wants.

She reaches the bridge where he is and walks up to him, "You wanted to see me, my lord?" She asked when she reached him.

"Yes, I have reason to believe Optimus is out and on his own. I want you to go to where he is and dispose of him," he tells her as he turns to face her.

"Yes, my lord," she says with a bow before she heads out. She heads to the Ground Bridge control room to get bridged to the location.

~~~~~~~~~~

Optimus starts coming through to find himself on a table with a M.E.C.H soldier standing over him getting ready to cut him open. He never believed in hurting any humans and even spoke against it but in this situation, he would make an exception. He throws a fist at the soldier knocking him off of him and he lands harshly on the floor. Other soldiers came and he hit them as well knocking them all back. He got up off the table and transformed then drove off to help Jack rescue his mother. 

He gets to them and sees Jack having trouble with Airachnid as he tries to get his mom out of the spider web Airachnid put her in. As he makes his way over to them he notices a Ground Bridge opening up and Arcee coming through. He stops and transforms to face her.

Arcee looks at him as she brings out her arm blades, "I'm here to dispose of you as Lord Megatron ordered me to!" She says as she gets ready to attack him.

"Arcee, wait, let's not do this now. Jack and his mother are in danger and I need to help them," Optimus tells her as he backs up from her.

"I don't know who this Jack is and I don't care."