12 - visits.

xii.

      Niall held back his tears, he can't see another family member of his die in his eyes. He grabs her sister's hand and kisses it.

"You've fought all these years, please keep doing it." He whispers caressing his sister's hair. A knock comes through the room. "Weird," he thinks to himself. Niall kisses her forehead and stands up to open the door. 

   Leah stands there looking at her shoes and shuffling with her fingers. Her face slightly paler due to the cold air in the hospital, she looks up to meet his eyes, his usual dull blue eyes seem even duller which makes Leah even sadder. She imagines how they have to be when he's happy, maybe they can be a beautiful bright blue color like the sky, or as deep as the ocean at night. Either way, she's always found them fantastic.

A strange joy fills Niall seeing he was right about her, she is as curious as he thought she was. Niall moves out of the way and let's her in. They stand up for some seconds, Niall clears up his throat and licks his lips, preparing to break the silence.

"I'm glad--" and "I came by--" sounded through the room, they both spoke at the same time and Leah laughed whilst Niall smiled.

"Me first." Leah says biting her lip innocently, Niall watched her lips move and found himself thinking inappropriate things in the moment. "Well, I um--I want to know," she starts off finally taking a seat in the uncomfortable hospital chair they provide for family members.

"What do you want to know?" he asks gently, dragging quietly a chair that was in the back of the room and putting it beside her, he grabs her hand and puts it in his. Despite the coldness in the atmosphere, the small act made them both have their bodies warmed.

"Everything," she looked around the room. "I think we have time." she lightly smiled, and Niall returned the favor.

{{niall u dirty boy, who ships niah?!?! credits to sarah for the ship name, niall's sister on the side!}}