Chapter 3

"Hey Josh" Josh was standing outside waiting by the school bus.

"Hey McKenzie, ready to go?" The excitement behind his voice made me happy yet anxious. I already knew why I was anxious but I was trying to push that little voice away.

Let's just say it was easier said than done.

~~~~~~~~

We walked to the ice cream shop in comfortable silence. We would make small talk once in a while. It seemed like he would use any excuse to touch me.

First, he grabbed my hand to walk me over to see a cloud that was shaped like a poodle.

Second, he pushed a stray strand of my hair behind my ear.

Third, he would push into me or put his arm around my shoulder or waist.

But I really didn't seem to care, I liked how gentle his touch was.

One we stepped into the little blue ice cream shop by the beach we weren't really surprised about how packed it was because summer was already here and we only had about two weeks left of school. It was crazy how it seems just yesterday we were walking threw the doors of the prison we call school. I was happy the school year was almost over but I would miss seeing all of my friends everyday especially since I was going to be traveling alot over the summer.I was going to miss my two crazy best girlfriend but I think im going to miss Josh alot more.

"Hey did you hear me?" Josh's voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Oh sorry, I was out of it for a minute, what did you say?"

"I can see that, But I was just asking you if you wanted your regular or If you wanted something else cause I'm paying." He said with a chuckle.

"I guess I'll just have my regular." I said feeling a bit silly.

As soon as we got to the front of the line Josh ordered his favorite peanut butter chocolate chip milkshake and my favorite chocolate covered strawberries with two extra pumps of hot fudge, extra chocolate chips, and a fresh strawberry.

"How do you always remember the exact amount of everything I want?, it's kinda weird how you know I want two extra pumps of hot fudge." I said eyeing him weirdly then we both burst out laughing at the same time.

"Kenzie, we've been best friends for how long, like 8 years, you were always so picky about your food, that's another thing I love about you, you always know weeks at you want and its really cute how you throw mini tantrum when you don't get what you want." He said with one of those award winning smiles and then he did his signature hand threw hair. I'm sure the strawberry was nowhere near as red as my cheeks. That's another thing I hated about myself I blushed easily.

"Haha very funny, but I think you have it written somewhere or something." I said with a little giggle.

"No I just know alot about you, just like how you giggle like that when you think you've said something funny"

And there goes that smile. When did my feelings for Josh increase so rapidly.

" It was funny." I said with what I thought was a very convincing serious/sad face but obviously it didn't work because the next thing I know Josh puts whip cream on my nose.

"Josh!!!!" I shrieked

"Opps it slipped." He said with a very innocent look on his face.

"Yeah oooook."

"I'm serious but, I really do need to talk to you about something Kenzie but don't get mad at me because I barely have a say in any of it" He said with a sad look and pleading tone begins his voice that made my heart skip a beat. But I was a little bit scared about what would come out of my mouth so I just nodded.