Chapter 5

(Max's POV)

The next night, I was walking with Nikki in the woods because we both weren't able to fall asleep. It was calm and peaceful until the Wood Scouts and the Flower Scouts appeared. We simply went the other way, but we didn't see Snake behind us. He threw Nikki to the other Scouts.

"Nikki!" I tried running to her, but Snake held me and threatened me with a knife. I kicked him, but the kid was practically a soldier; he didn't feel a thing! I kept punching him and punching him until I got tired.

He then tied me with some ropes and left me to hang on one of the taller trees. There, I helplessly watched as Nikki getting beaten up by the Flower Scouts and the Wood Scouts. And it was pretty bad too. They threw punches and kicked her on the ground. I had to fucking do something.

I wriggled as hard as I could until the ropes got loose. I fell and I got moderately hurt. But my adrenaline caused me to instantly get up, ignore the pain and start running towards Nikki. I ran towards them and punched the everyone but Nikki in their fucking faces.

They all left and I bent over Nikki, she was beaten up pretty fucking bad.

"I'll get you to the counselors," I panted. In Nikki's condition, I expected a moan from her, but I didn't hear anything. "Nikki, can you hear me?" I put my ear next to her heart to see if I could hear her heart. I didn't hear anything. "Cmon Nikki!" I felt hot tears coming from my eyes as I kept shaking Nikki.

It was no use. They've beaten her to death. It started raining as I wept while I looked at her corpse. And somehow, I felt like a part of me had died inside. I was too late. There was nothing I could do now.