Copyright, Content Warning, & Prologue

© 2017 J. J. Rothschild. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the author, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

This story contains strong, mature themes and/or scenes that some readers may find disturbing, graphic language, slang, violence, and future sexual content. 18+ only!

NO translations of my work are permitted.

I edit my own work - any/all mistakes are mine.

*All art/cover art/pics/gifs are the property of their respective owners and do not infringe any patent, trademark, copyright, license or any other proprietary right of any third party.
No copyright infringement intended.*

I'd love to hear from you! 

And now, on to the story...

Prologue

"Come, he hath hid himself among these trees...

Blind is his love, and best befits the dark."

Romeo & Juliet, II, i

It's night once again...always night for me; roaming where shadows can't be seen because they don't want to be seen. The Moon is my mistress while I am here; allowing me to blend in beneath the veil of pale light that it gives. 

Have you ever wondered what lurks in the shadows? If you have, I can answer that for you...it's me

Throughout time there have been many different names for my kind such as fallen angels, watchers, or demons, but human words and understanding cannot come close or even begin to tell you what my kind really is or what we encompass.

The truth of what I am is far greater than what the human mind can even comprehend.

Of course, there are many different myths and old folk tales such as Mothman, but nothing remotely accurate.

My kind is certainly not what your fairy tales consist of.

No, we are the things from your worst nightmares or horror stories, and that's putting it mildly...

If we reveal ourselves or come into contact with humans, it's usually never a good thing for them.  

Humans are rather unobservant, clueless creatures. My kind could be standing right next to them and they wouldn't even know it. This works to our advantage at times I suppose...not that we need one.   
They are often afraid of their own shadows rather than what they really should be afraid of. It's all very laughable. Overall, humans hold absolutely no interest for me.

When visiting Earth, some of my kind prefers the daylight, secure in their superiority while others have no preference. As I said before, I happen to be one who prefers the night. To me, daytime carries a greater risk of interaction with humans. Superiority aside, I usually try to avoid it, them

I suppose daytime has a quality and intrigue all of its own, however, it forces me more often than not to take on my earthly form which I'm not fond of doing. Becoming one of them, being among them or even like them momentarily is utterly insulting and unbearable to me. 

Some of my kind come here to observe or play in order to break up the monotony of our eternal existence, and sometimes there are human casualties involved from our play. Oh well. Humans are nothing more than insignificant and inferior to us; disposable. They end up as unexplained disappearances that will never be solved.  

Having observed them for many millennia, my conclusion thus far is that they are disgusting, willful, deceitful, greedy, selfish, ignorant, weak, vile, destructive creatures that serve absolutely no purpose other than momentary entertainment really. We get bored, what can I say?

When you are immortal, omniscient, omnipotent, basically all-knowing and all-powerful, there simply isn't much that captures or holds your interest.

That is, until I found her...my Beschert...my intended...my soulmate.