Chapter 6

"Love is the heart's immortal thirst to be completely known and all forgiven

"Love is the heart's immortal thirst to be completely known and all forgiven." -Henry Van Dyke

As I hold her to me, I enclose my wings around her, using them to gently dry her. She coos while my soft feathers lovingly caress her. I know that I will never have to hide my true self from her and I feel the same way about her.

Once she is dry, I wrap her in my cloak. I need to give her a name, but not just any name. I want it to be something beautiful and unique like her...something with meaning.

I want to give her a name from my realm, my language, but quickly decide against it. She's human; therefore, she needs a human name. Not to mention the fact that she wouldn't even be able to say it or anything else in my language, so it would be pointless and unfair to her.

Right then, it comes to me, calling to me like she had - Bronwyn...beautiful, unique, and human.

The ironic thing about the name is its meaning. Bronwyn means beautiful raven, fair, white, blessed. Not only was I struck by a pulse of white light when I first encountered her, but my human name, Lark, happens to go perfectly with it, as it means dark song bird or the bird that serenades. I'm definitely the dark while she's the beautiful light. I am the song bird that will serenade her. Just like us, it is meant to be.

Now that she's named, it's time to get her fed.

I stand, preparing for flight, holding her close to me now and always. Before I take off, I once again place an aura of protection around her, just like I had done while she was in that worthless woman's stomach. This way, I don't have to worry about her suffering any ill effects from the flight.

Taking flight with her in my arms is a glorious feeling. I know I'll never tire of it.

We fly to a small nearby town and I land atop of their one and only store which is a small general store. They are obviously closed at this late hour, but that isn't a problem for me.

We are in and out of the store in a flash, completely undetected, despite their decrepit, old alarm system

I took three large cans of baby formula along with a baby bottle, a package of disposable diapers, wet wipes, and some baby lotion which I placed into a couple of plastic grocery bags.