Chapter 8

The next day...

Urahara was at my house.

After my sister got kidnapped, he thought it would be a good idea to hang around.

More like annoy me, while my sister is kidnapped.

"Mirrow. You sure you don't want to go to class today?" Urahara asked.

"Yes! I told you this many times! I want to find my sister!" I yelled at him.

Urahara let out a soft sigh. "Listen, I'm sure Byakuya will find help. You have to focus-"

"On getting my sister back." I said, as I cut him off his sentence.

The doorbell suddenly rang.

"I'll get it." I said, as I made my way to the door.

Once I opened it, I was surprised to see Ichigo.

"Oh? What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Byakuya found her. Your sister is in the hospital." Ichigo said, he seemed to try and catch his breathe.

My eyes widened in surprise.

My sister was actually found.

The three of us quickly made our way to the hospital.

Once we arrived, I spotted her and Byakuya sitting on a bench outside.

"Blossom!" I yelled.

Blossom looked at me and waved.

As she did, I saw her wince a bit.

"Mirrow. Ichigo. Hat guy." She smiled.

"Are you alright? What happened?" I asked.

She looked at me nervously. "Oh well, you know. That monster kidnapped me and Byakuya saved me."

Byakuya closed his eyes and looked away.

Something something seemed off. But, I didn't want to force her into telling me what happened.

"Alright. So, I guess I have to thank Byakuya." I said, in an annoyed tone.

"Oh, you don't have to." Blossom said.

Urahara started to go into a thinking position. "Hat guy?"

Ichigo crossed his arms. "Your name is a handful to remember. I don't blame her."

Urahara frowned and covered his face with his fan. "Hat guy? That hurts. Oh, where are the good times when she used to call me Ura or Kisuke at least- Oh."

"Wait, what? When did Blossom ever call you Ura or Kisuke- Wait a minute... Blossom, I thought you didn't know him." I asked her.

Ichigo glared at Urahara. "You did that on purpose."

Urahara smiled at Ichigo. "We've gotten this far. Might as well spill the beans."

"Kisuke, you jerk." Blossom said.

I looked at her confusingly. Her voice went from innocent to a super serious tone.

"My bad. Shouldn't have called me Hat Guy." Urahara smiled again.

"So, when am I going to hear the truth." I asked her.

She looked at me with a worried look.

"Blossom isn't clumsy and dumb as she looks." Rukia said, as she came up to us drinking from a juice box.

"I never thought she was..." I lied.

Actually, I always thought she was. That's why I worried about her a lot... But it turns out, she seemed to acted it all out.

"Mirrow, I'm a Soul Reaper myself. Kind of like how Ichigo got his powers. I got mine from Grandmother. It's complicated... But, I've been going back and forth through The World of The Living and the Soul Society for years." She told me.

"If you were a Soul Reaper, then why does he visit often?" I pointed at Byakuya.

Byakuya looked at me. "Blossom got injured during a mission. Sometimes when she becomes a Soul Reaper, her body easily weakens. I'm only keeping watch of her."

"So that whole flirting and dating thing?" I asked.

Blossom looked at me with a pout. "I thought it'd be funny. It was hard to get him to agree to my plan."

Rukia let out a small chuckle. "It's funny. I always thought they'd actually date. I used that right, right?" She looked at Ichigo.

Ichigo shrugged. "Probably."

Urahara frowned. "I was hoping that Mirrow would throw a fit or something. But hey, this is fine too." He said as he gently tapped his fan on my head.

"So, does this mean that I can be a Soul Reaper too?" I suddenly asked.

"No!" Blossom quickly spoke.

"What? Why not?" I asked her.

She placed her hand on her mouth, as if thinking of what to say. "B-because I said so and that's final!"

She quickly stood up and froze.

"Huh?" I looked at her confused.

Byakuya held his hand out in front of him.

Followed by my sister falling forward and Byakuya catching her.

"Well, Mirrow. She's fine. Go to school. Urahara and I will keep watch." Byakuya told me.

"What happened to her?" I asked confusingly.

"Oh you know, the usual 'I forgot my leg was injured, so I'm just going to get up and then feel immense pain' moment." Urahara explained.

Ichigo grabbed a hold of my hand. "Come on, Mirrow"

I nod my head and followed Ichigo and Rukia to school.

Byakuya and Urahara watched us leave.

Blossom slowly got up and glared at Urahara. "That's what I wanted to avoid. I don't want Mirrow to become a Soul Reaper. I don't want to see her hurt."

"Let her decide. This way, she would be able to protect herself. You don't know when these hollows will attack. What happened to you was an example. If you weren't a Soul Reaper, you could have died." Urahara explained.

She was about to argue back, but Byakuya spoke for her.

"She would have been safe. I got there in time, there was no need for her to become a Soul Reaper."  Byakuya explained.

"Ichigo, do you think I can be a Soul Reaper?" I asked him.

Ichigo looked at me. "I don't see why not. I wonder why she answered quickly to that..."

I wonder too... What else is she hiding?