Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Trevor and I start talking about ourselves and getting to know each other. There is a pause in the conversation and we are smiling at each other, doing the awkward stare thing. I get up and sit next to him on his bed. I don’t know what I am doing or where this new confidence is coming from but we are now closer than I ever imagined we would even be, and I liked it.

I put my hand on his bed to get comfortable and move so we are facing each other and he does the same. Our hands touch and, I know it sounds so cliché but, I felt sparks and we both pulled our hands away quickly. I look down then back up at Trevor, he did the same.

“Did you feel that too?” I whisper to him. He nods his head yes and we go back to awkwardly starring at each other, I get lost in his eyes very quickly. We both start leaning in, what is happening? I think my first kiss with Trevor Moran? No, I’m not ready.

I sit back up straight, “Sorry, let’s take this slow. Best friends before anything else. We just met, okay?”

Trevor sits up and clears his throat nervously, “Yeah, sorry I got carried away.” We go back to talking and learning more about each other, and then our moms come up the stairs and knock on the door. They come in and my mom tells me it’s time to go. The moms headed back down stairs talking and laughing like they were 14 year old girls.

“Okay, I’ll be right there.” I reply then turn to Trevor, “There is a pool right up the street and they have a swim team. I don’t know if you are into swimming, but I’m on it so maybe if you want to come by tomorrow…” My sentence trails off as I slowly start towards the door. Trevor grabs my wrist, “I’d love to come. See you tomorrow then!” He pulls me into a hug and whispers in my ear, “I’m glad I moved in next to you. I can tell we are gunna be great friends.” We pull away too soon. It felt right to be there in his arms, I felt so, so safe.

He hands me his phone and opens the contacts app, I get the hint and unlock my phone and open contacts. I write my name as “The fabulous Libby Rodgers <3” and type in my phone number. I hand his phone back and he does the same and we start down the stairs.

Our moms were talking about the pool and swim team too; I guess I wasn’t the only one thinking about that. They made plans to hang out tomorrow at the pool tomorrow. My mom and Mrs. Moran seem to be good friends, that’s good.

My mom and I leave and go home; I didn’t realize that we just spent 2 hours at the Moran’s house. I feel my phone vibrate; I look at the screen and am shocked to see…

----

Little bit of a cliffhanger ;)

Sorry I haven't updated recently. I've been really busy.

Comment who you think texted Libby!

Vote and comment!

Thanks for reading!

Love y'all!

~Libby