Chapter Four- Rumors and Mood Swings

Chapter Four:

Rumors and Mood Swings

Kagome blinked as she looked outside her window and frowned lightly, everything was covered in a layer of light ice, from the freezing rain that was pouring down. It wasn't that she didn't like rain, she actually loved it, it was just well her truck tires didn't have very good grip.

She shrugged a second later, there was nothing she could do about it, except pray to Kami nothing bad happened, and got dressed. She pulled on a gray oversized sweater that showed off the white straps of her under shirt. She had on a pair of black skinny jeans and a pair of black fluffy boots. She looked herself over one last in her full length mirror and nodded before exiting her room.

She blinked as her dad popped his head out from the living room to smile at her.

"Kagome, I have a surprise for you." She blinked but smiled at him as he got up and tossed on his jacket and walked out the front door.

She followed him and shut the door behind her, shivering as a feeling of being watched washed over her, sadly she wasn't paying attention to where she was going and slipped on a puddle of semi frozen ice water.

"Ouch!" She winced as her butt met with the harsh cold and semi wet ground.

"You okay Kagome?" She blinked up and smiled up at him. "Yeah, ice doesn't help all that much, especially since gravity is always trying to kill me." She laughed as he helped her up and dusted her off.

"I know. That's why I got you new tires." She blinked and glanced at her truck and then at her smiling dad and hugged him.

"Thank you!" He laughed as he set her down.

"You're welcome now get to school." She nodded and got in her truck and was off. She smiled as she pulled into the parking lot, the rain had let up, and she was in a good mood thanks to her dad.

She quickly parked and got out of her truck. She blinked when she noticed Alice, Jasper, Emmet and, surprisingly, Rosalie were waiting for her. Thankfully Edward was nowhere in sight, she wasn't trying to be rude but he rubbed her the wrong way.

She smiled at them and walked over to them. "What's up?"

Alice smiled at her and once again latched onto her, like she was a child latching onto her favorite toy. "Nothing much, just wanted to wait for you." Kagome smiled and nodded. "Thanks, so, we have about twenty minutes before school starts."

She glanced over at Jessica, Angela, Mike and Eric who were kicking around a soccer ball nearby and turned her eyes back to a smiling Alice. "Do you want to just ha-" She was cut off by Eric.

"Look out!" She blinked and her eyes widened when she saw the soccer ball, it was heading right for them, mainly Rosalie, and without thinking she jumped in front of it and returned it back to them with a head butt.

She grinned as she looked up, a few pieces of hair covering her face. "Goooooaaaaal!" She laughed at her own joke and ignored the few shocked looks she got from those who were around to see her feat.

Emmet grinned. "That was so cool!"

She blushed and rubbed the back of her neck. "Thanks, I used to play soccer in Tokyo…" She trialed off and turned to Eric and Mike who came running over and hugged her. "Oh my God! You got skill!"

Kagome laughed at Eric and patted his back. "Thanks." She turned to look at Rosalie, who looked to be stunned. "You okay?"

Rosalie blinked but shook off her stupefied look. "Yes…thank you." Her words still held a bit of distance to them, and Kagome knew it was merely a defense mechanism and smiled at her.