iii - the scenes

THE SCENES
———

"Interesting we meet at such a place..."

"Interesting?" Seowon scoffs. "More like annoying."

Juseon huffs. "How am I annoying? You're the one who poured away three glasses of beer I paid for."

The two are at a sauna, being the only ones there at the moment. It's work hours so it's not that packed at the time.

"So, why're you here today?" Juseon asks, wondering why the busy detective would be at such a place.

"Just felt like relaxing. I've got rooms many cases at once," he says, sighing. "Someone almost tried to kill me last case, so I thought I deserved some time off."

Juseon's eyes widen at the words. "Tried to kill you? How?"

"Mm, the usual, you're a detective and I don't want you being loud about my crime, don't you watch detective shows?" Seowon asks, eyeing Juseon from the side.

"Well, not much... I've got more interest in music. I play piano, and own a music teaching school," Juseon explains, closing his eyes at the comforting heat.

"Oh? I used to play piano," Seowon mentions, his tone sounding distant.

Opening his eyes again, Juseon looks towards the detective. "Why'd you stop?"

Seowon shrugs, "Being a detective took all my time, I suppose."

Juseon nods, humming in understanding. Then, the conversation falls silent, not really awkward, but slightly uncomfortable.

A low hum of a tune from Seowon catches Juseon's attention. "Oh, oh, what song is that?"

Looking at Juseon, Seowon smiles softly. "It's my favorite tune, from the children's song, Nabiya*."

"Your favorite?" Juseon realizes he's asking too much, shaking his head apologetically, he says, "Ah, sorry, hyung. I shouldn't be asking so much."

This makes Seowon laugh a little, "It's alright. I've asked you a lot, I guess it's your turn, now." He pauses before speaking again, "Yeah, it's my favorite. A few years back, it was a part of an interesting case that I'll never forget. It's innocent, but it was what the whole code was based on, in that case."

Fascinated at such a story, Juseon's eyes shine. "That's so cool. It's always been a cute song for me. I sang it to my brother when he was little to put him to sleep."

"That's cute," Seowon comments, voice soft and low.

Juseon glances at the man's face, who looks like he's resting his eyes. Deciding to respect his actions, Juseon doesn't say anything further either, just sitting there, a few feet away from the detective. He closes his eyes as well, melting in the heat comfortably.

Interestingly, the discomfort between the two has disappeared after this, just a natural atmosphere clinging to them from now on.

<>

BLOOPERS

Scene 43; Take 1

"This reminds me of when we all went to a sauna in Bon Voyage," Yoongi says, sitting down. Jimin nods, about to say something but, then—

"Action!"

"Interesting we meet at such a place..." Jimin starts and Yoongi is already laughing, trying to stifle it.

"Cut– what are you doing? Is it that funny to you?" Director Shinwoo says, amusement evident in his voice over the megaphone.

Yoongi waves back, "Sorry. I won't laugh the second time."

Jimin shakes his head in mock disappointment before he's smiling.

"Jimin-ssi, stop smiling and start the scene already. Cameras are rolling."

Scene 43; Take 3

Yoongi hums the song to himself, making Jimin laughs through his nose, apologizing right after.

"You sounded so off, hyung," Jimin says, making Yoongi pout.

"It doesn't have to be perfect, okay?" Yoongi grumbles, "I'm supposed to be a detective, not a singer." Jimin almost coos at the cuteness of his hyung.

"Alright fine. I won't laugh the next time."

—————————————
*Nabiya: [trans. Butterfly]