6

Eli

I watch Zoe through the window as I tapped my fingers on the table impatiently. What the hell were they talking about? And just how did Zoe know one of my employees?.

I glanced up again in time to see Zoe hand the girl a card-probably her business card.

She better not be thinking of poaching my employee.

My fingers kept tapping on the table in tune with the pianist's melody.

Christ what was I even doing here?. How could I go on a date with Zoe after deciding to avoid her?.

This was only going to end up hurting us both but I just couldn't stay away from her.

I told her I only came because Neil made me but the truth is I was intrigued with her.

She was a breathing, walking contradiction.

I glanced over again and this time Zoe was hugging the girl saying something in her ear. The girl nodded and they let each other go and walked over to the table.

Fcuking finally.

I signalled a waiter over and ordered for both of us.

Then I took the time to scrutinise the girl Zoe was walking with. Jesus she couldn't be more than 17 or 18. How the bloody hell did she get a job here?.

I made a mental note to talk with my manager.

As they got closer Zoe narrowed her eyes at me warning me not to say a word-not that I planned to any way.

Girls and their dramas. I kept myself in check so I wouldn't accidentally roll my eyes. The last time I did that with Neil she boxed my ears.

Can you imagine?. A 30 year old man scared of his 25 year old cousin.

Christ but was Zoe Taylor beautiful.

She looked gorgeous in that black mini skirt that made her long legs look endless and white shirt with her red tresses tumbling down her waist.

Fcuk the things I could do to her.

She sat down elegantly and picked up the menu "we'll have whatever you think is the best charlie". She said to the girl.

I raised my eyebrows which made the girl hesitate glancing between me and Zoe.

Zoe rolled her eyes "Go on. I'll deal with him"

The girl scurried away.

I crossed my arms over my chest and relaxed in my seat with a smirk "so you're going to deal with me huh?. How?" I drawled lazily.

Zoe

Okay so maybe I shouldn't have said it that way, now he's twisting it into something sexual.

I shrugged "I deal with arrogant men at work everyday"

"Really? What do you do?" He sounded curious.

I shrugged again "I'm the research and development manager for Steele, Specter and co"

He whistled softly "wow"

My lips tugged up at his compliment "thank you. What do you do? Beside owning this restuarant of course"

He smirked at me "This and that"

I folded my arms over my chest "I told you what I do so it's only fair you do the same"

He shrugged and I narrowed my eyes at him.