Flashback

Lol this was inspired by the dadvid hitman au, created by @/gutzix on tumblr. I suggest you check out their tumblr before reading this if you haven't already :)
________________
Tw: death/murder (obviously lol)
__________________
This particular task was easy enough. Sure, one of my targets had pulled out a gun himself, but of course I'd still taken him out before he could even load the damn thing. I brushed myself off and sighed. Both targets were dead. The lady was the easiest, her throat was slit with one fast swipe of my knife. Her husband though, had heard his wife fall to the floor, choking and spluttering in shock and pain in her final moments. He'd burst into the room holding a shotgun, along with two bullets which he immediately started to load into the gun in a panicked manner. I naturally just pulled out my readily-loaded pistol and shot him first, which wasn't exactly part of the plan; I avoided using guns, as a silent knife performed murder is always easier. When there's guns involved, however, the whole street can hear the gunshot. That gave me about 10 minutes before the police would be called and arrive at the crime scene.

I was about to make my escape, when I heard something. A cry of a baby. I slowly walked towards the room where the wailing infant could be heard, and carefully creaked open the door. The room was small and cold, the only things in there being a crib and stacks of cardboard boxes full of junk. I peered into the cot, to find a baby clutching a teddy bear. I frowned, as I came to the realisation that I had just made an innocent baby an orphan. This wasn't in the records! I had no idea that my targets were parents! I scooped up the orphan in my arms. He had the same striking green-blue eyes as his mother, which stood out on his dark skin. He stopped crying and looked up at me, before teething on my thumb. He was cute. I gasped as I noticed a few bruises on the child's arms. Clearly his parents hadn't looked after the kid properly. What was I meant to do? Should I give him to an orphanage? Should I leave him here for the police to find? I giggled as he continued to harmlessly naw on my thumb. I cradled the innocent infant in my arms, and felt a pellet of guilt shoot through my body. I had to make sure this baby finds a good new home and family.

Suddenly, I heard the faded sound of police sirens in the distance. I'd decide what to do with the baby later. I'd bring him home, and make sure he was put into good care in the morning. I quickly grabbed the ragged, thin blanket from the crib, along with the teddy bear. The baby hugged the bear as I rapped the blanket around him. I then made my escape, holding the small infant tightly in one arm.

When I'd gotten home, I was exhausted. That was a close call. Usually I'd leave the scene of the crime immediately after finishing my job, but this time I'd been distracted by the baby. After a quick phone call to my customer, telling them that I'd completed the job they'd set me, I set the sleeping baby down on my bed, who was still clutching his toy bear. I laid down next to him, thinking of what to do with him. I watched him sleep peacefully, a look of innocence and youth on his face. I could never let this boy know what his parents fate had been. I slowly drifted off to sleep, needing the energy to sort this out in the morning.