Gwen II

I paced around outside Max's room. I could hardly hear what Gwen or him were saying behind the closed door, just the muffled sounds of their lowered voices. I gnawed away at my finger nails, a bad habit I perform when under stress. They must have been in Max's bedroom for about...20 minutes before Gwen had left the room, softly shutting the door behind her.

"Gwen! What happened? What did he say?", I asked anxiously. She sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. "Well, he feels very...betrayed, I guess. He's upset that you lied to him and he doesn't think he can trust you anymore." My heart dropped.
"B-but he doesn't hate me, right?"
"No, David. He doesn't hate you. I'm sure you two will sort this out sooner or later.", she said sounding tired and lacking emotion. I could tell she was stressed. Perhaps there was something she wasn't telling me? Who knows.

"Okay... thanks Gwen.", I sighed. "I guess you should head home, it's late.", i said, glancing at my wrist watch. It was almost 1am. "Yeah, I should get going.", she said with a yawn.
"You're welcome to stay the night, if you want. I can pull out the sofa bed.", I offered.
"Nah, it's okay.", she said with a small smile. "I hope you sort things out with Max, David. You can call me if you need any help.", she said, sounding a lot more sincere than before.
"Thank you, Gwen, I really appreciate it.", i said before pulling her into a hug.
"It's fine. You should get to bed, David.", she said, placing a hand on my shoulder. "I'll let myself out."
"Okay, Gwen. Good night. Drive safe.", i said as I began walking towards my bedroom. "Yeah, yeah. Night David.", she replied.

I got into my Pyjamas and flopped down on my bed. I heard Gwens car pull out of the driveway, and drive back to her house. Despite the stress, worry, and guilt I was feeling, I almost instantly fell asleep.