Part 1

Hey, this is my take on Peter Pan and how it could have continued. I hope you enjoy it and please comment, vote and fan.

**************************************************************

1

Peter:

1904, Neverland-

"I can't stay here Peter..."

The girl lifted her blue eyes to the moon-lit sky and I saw a wet tear fall down her cheek.

Girls never ceased to confuse me, especially this one; what was it with all this feeling nonsense, I was a boy, boy's don't feel; the idea seemed ridiculous to me, although the sight of her crying like that caused an unwelcome stirring in my chest that I couldn't quite place.

It frightened me and I wished she would stop for fear of what it was doing to me.

"Why Wendy?"

I sat forward and leaned on my elbows, my mossy green eyes boring into her own.

She sighed, it was a horrific grown up sound, I resisted the urge to stick my fingers in my ears and run, run far away from the odd feeling in my chest and the pull I felt towards this girl.

"I don't want to fade."

I frowned at her, puzzled. I poked her in the side and she gave a small watery laugh.

"-Your not fading...There see-"

I poked her again, not understanding her silly girl logic.

She smiled a little sadder.

"I'm afraid if I stay longer, I won't become who I was meant to become."

I felt the stirring in my chest grow stronger and I understood her for the first time in what felt like a long time.

She wanted to grow up.

I felt the little boy in me ready to burst in a tantrum, but it was overcome by a new feeling, it was strong, it made me see her for the first time, I mean really see her.

It was terrifiying.

She was tall for her age, her long golden hair fell loosely to her waist, flowers and leaves were braided into her blonde locks by the sprites and fairies, her once blue dress had been ripped into frayed strips at the skirt, a dagger woven into a belt made of vines was at her side, her skin had tanned from the neverland sun and freckles sprung up on her nose and cheeks, her lips stained by berry juice were a darker pink and her eyes framed with tear-soaked long, eyelashes were an icy blue that I felt staring into my soul.

"W-Wendy?"

My voice broke and I stuttered, tears welling up in my eyes and a lump rising in my throat.

No. Not my Wendy. NO.

She moved closer to me and touched my hand. I pulled it back like I had been burned.

"I won't ever grow up!"

I yelled, flying into the air untill I was above her, my tears hidden in the shadows of the tree's.

"Peter..."

She cried openly now, reaching for me, trying to fly.

-And then something happened that changed me forever.

I fell.

"PETER!!!"

I was falling at least thirty feet down, the hard ground awaiting the impact, I tried to fly, to soar into the sky like I was once known for; but still I fell.