ACQUAINTANCES

My head bowed, looking at the cuff on my hands when suddenly the car stops. I refused to rise up my head, even when the car door opened and I was brought out. Moving towards a building, I raised my head & saw a plumy lady with two guards beside her. They left her sides walking to me. Holding me at both side of my hands, they carried me in the tall white painted building. The doors had guards by them. Getting to the lady, they stopped with me. The lady looked at me as if she was trying to read my mind. Then she turned and went to the first steal door. She pressed a button and punched in some codes and then placed her hand on a glassy green light. After she was done, the door opened. Then she moved in and the guards followed with me. She did the same with almost 5 doors we passed then finally, we got to a hall with many cells. I was not scared even though I didn't know what to expect. I looked around & saw few kids locked in some cells. Then we got to an empty cell. She looked at me & said "This is where you'd stay until further notice". I just looked at her & as the cell door opened, I walked inside & stood facing the lady while the door closed back. The lady turned & left with the guards. I threw a short smile and turned to look around my new room. It wasn't pretty as my former room at Mrs. Evelyn's but I could manage.

Sitting down on the not so soft bed, I wondered where I was & if I should escape. Then, I heard a voice saying, "Dinner Time". Then the cell door opened. I looked at the door & ignored it but continued on my thoughts.

"Young lady, it's time for dinner, you need to exit the cell", Said a girly voice which I also ignored. "Deaf Bitch!" said the girly voice.

I stood up & walked to the girl. Getting to her, I stood in front of her. The girl became aggressively defensive & said "Yeah! Bitch, what are you going to do?" I replied "nothing". Then I looked behind her as if there was someone there. She saw the moment of my eyes & turned to check what I looked at. Seeing no one, she turned to face me, about saying something to me when I held her head, hitting it over & over again on the wall. Eventually, this wasn't what I did but what I could have done.

Then after a minute it came to me, "Why go? There are people around to kill. This can be your new home". I turned & looked at the door, the girl who was there wasn't there no more. I stood up from the bed and exited the cell with a smile as I looked around seeing many people and all could come in mind is ways to kill them.

They were all entering a door which I followed. It was a big hall & the people there were young, about 17years old & below. There was a long queue leading to the food. So I just joined in. Getting to my turn, they gave me a strange meal with pills by it. I didn't even have a choice to choose what I'd like to eat & if I want pills or not. I left with what I was given and found myself an empty table.

After eating & taking the pill without knowing what it's for, I exited the dining hall & saw a guard standing. He approached me & told me "Ms. Rita wants to see you". Then he didn't give me a choice but held me by my elbow & taking me to a brown door & told me to go in as he opened it. I walked in and saw the same plumy lady sitting by the table with her big glasses on. She told me to sit, which I did.

"You are in this facility because, you are mentally disturbed, hoping you know that? We are here to help you out of this. I am Ms. Rita, by the way. I run this facility & won't tolerate anything or anyone who messes up".

I didn't make a sound but just kept on looking around her office. Cameras were everywhere in this so called facility. "Your duty in here is to clean up the store rooms. There are some kids assigned to do same duty also, so all you need do is to join them. You start by tomorrow. I'd send someone to come show you to the store room. You are dismissed". Ms. Rita ended what she was saying.