Chapter Five-

Matt's POV-

I'd only been running for ten minutes but I was already shattered. Just as I was about to slow down, I saw him. He was standing on the edge of the bridge and looked like he was about to jump any second. Adrenaline pumped through my veins and I ran faster than ever, screaming his name at the top of my lungs. I was about a metre away from him when he stepped over the edge and my whole body lurched forwards. Somehow I managed to get a tight hold of his wrist. He looked up and opened his eyes when he noticed he wasn't falling but his eyes glazed over when he noticed it was me.

I pulled him up and lifted him over the low fence before pulling him into a bone-crushing hug. He looked like he was in a state of shock but he soon snapped out of it and began to sob loudly in my chest. I should of been sad but right now, I felt like the happiest boy on the planet. I still had him.

Carter's POV-

Who the hell does he think he is? I want to die, does he not understand that? I couldn't stop the tears coming no matter how hard I tried. Matt's shirt was already drenched but he didn't seem to mind. He was holding me so tight I could barely breathe but the butterflies were back again. Fuck you, Matthew Espinosa.

We were stood there for a good 15 minutes before he started to pull back but he kept his arms around my waist. I suddenly felt ashamed and lowered my head. I felt his fingers grab my chin and lift my face up to meet his. Before I knew it, his lips were on mine. I froze on the spot. He was kissing me.

I relaxed into his arms and soon felt myself kissing back with just as much passion and in that moment, I forgot everything. I forgot we was standing on a bridge. I forgot it wasn't even eight o'clock yet but most of all I forgot that no more than twenty minutes ago, I was about to take my own life. Matt did that to me, him just being there took all my pain away. Our lips moved perfectly together and he pulled me impossibly closer to him, but I wasn't complaining. It wasn't a lustful kiss it was more of a now-that-I've-got-you-I'll-never-let-you-go type of kiss.

He pulled back and rested his forehead on mine, his warm uneven breath playing on my lips. He had a happy smile on his face and his eyes seemed to be sparkling. I wondered for a second if this was all just a big misunderstanding, if he really did love me.

"Shit" he muttered causing me to snap out of my trance. He pulled away and dug in his pocket for his phone, keeping a tight grip on my upper arm as if he thought that if he let go, I would just curl up and shrink into the ground. That's what I felt like doing anyway. He managed to text someone who I'm guessing was one of the boys, they were probably worried sick. There was no doubt I'd probably have to listen to about fifty lectures when we got back about how stupid and oblivious I've been but that would be over in a few hours.

Matt let go of my arm but reached down and connected our hands and started to pull me back in the direction I'd come. Sparks shot through my body and I wanted more than anything to pull away from him and tell him I could walk perfectly fine by myself but something kept my hand from moving. Love, maybe?

___________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry its really short, I'll update in a few hours again.

Thanks for reading x