Chapter Two-

Carter's POV-

The night went by painfully slowly, we headed out to the pizza place and ended up buying twelve pizza's which we all knew wouldn't get eaten. We decided to eat in Jack and Jacks room and chill there for a bit. Everyone acted normally, laughing, joking, hitting each other and winding each other up but it was almost impossible to ignore the tension between me and Matt. Whenever his eyes met mine, I couldn't help the blush that crept onto my cheeks, I hated the effect he had on me.

Everyone soon started to demolish the pizza, but I wasn't hungry. This sparked concern in the boys as usually I was the first one to start eating but right now I felt sick to my stomach. I plugged in my earphones and sat on Jack J's bed scrolling through my twitter feed. Whenever I was feeling down, I logged onto twitter and read through the thousands of tweets the fans sent me. Just to know that I had made them happy and they loved me was enough to give me that butterfly feeling I got whenever Matt so much as smiled at me.

I looked up to see the boys having a heated discussion about whether or not there was a ghost in Aaron and Hayes' room. Taylor was sniggering to himself trying to control his laughter which probably meant he had something to do with it. Matt suddenly laughed loudly causing me to look in his direction. I loved when he laughed. His eyes would fill with happiness and they would crinkle slightly in the corners. His laugh was so angelic I could quite literally listen to it all day long. I snapped out of my thoughts and realised I'd been staring. He now had a triumphant smirk plastered across his face making me blush and quickly turn away only to be met by Jack's questioning eyes. I couldn't stay here much longer so I stood up from my place on the bed and coughed making everyone look towards me.

"I'm going to bed," I tried to make my voice come out strong but I ended up looking at the floor and stumbling over my words. I didn't bother to hug anyone goodnight, I just left as soon as possible leaving the boys concerned and almost running towards the door. I heard footsteps behind me and quickly sped up, hoping to god it wasn't Matt.

"Carter stop running!" I sighed and turned around when I heard Jack G's voice. He was jogging towards me followed by Taylor who looked like he was going to pass out from eating so much pizza. When they reached me, Taylor flung himself around my neck and hugged me tightly. He whispered in my ear so Jack couldn't hear us.

"did you tell him?" I nodded against his shoulder and quickly felt the tears coming. Hugs made me feel vulnerable and for some reason, it was impossible to hold back tears when someone hugged me. It was like they actually cared. He pulled back and two tears fell from my eyes, Taylor just smiled sadly at me before leaning back in and wiping the tears away before whispering that he would go and talk to him and running back in the direction he came. Jack just looked confused and seemed to struggle on what he wanted to say.

"Is everything okay? You can always talk to me you know." I smiled up at him.

"Yeah, just tired that's all and thanks, but I don't really need to talk. I think I'll just go to bed."

He nodded and opened his arms which I gladly walked into. We stood there for a few seconds before he pulled away and started walking back up the corridor, looking over his shoulder and saying 'goodnight Carter'. I waited until he disappeared before unlocking my door and lying in bed, not bothering to get changed. Besides, I had to fall asleep before Matt came back or else it would be a pretty awkward night for the both of us.

Taylor's POV-

I hate seeing Carter like this, everyone could tell he was completely out of it tonight. I just wish I could tell him that Matt liked him too, but I promised I wouldn't tell. Matt had came to mine and Shawn's room at the last Magcon with tears streaming down his face wanting to speak to Shawn, but Shawn had left to go shopping with Hayes and Aaron. I couldn't leave him like that so I ended up getting him to spill everything to me. He told me that he was gay and that he like Carter but he knew Carter would never like him back because he 'hated' him. I had no idea at the time how badly Carter treated him and I was surprised Matt still hadn't given up on them.

Of course, we all knew they liked each other but both of them had made us all promise to not tell the other person. Would Matt be annoyed at me if I told Carter that he liked him too? I know I promised but I only want to help them out and anyway, it must be okay to break a promise if it would benefit the both of them, right?