The New Girl

"How Long Will I Love You" by Ellie Goulding is on repeat in my playlist while writing this. Please do yourself a favor and listen to this. Feel free to nag me if you didn't like it. Thank you for reading! I hope you guys will like the first installment. Thanks again! BTW, characters were based on the US TV Hit Show, GLEE.

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Come down here, San. Sylvester is looking for you." Santana knitted her brows as she read the message popped up on her computer. "What does she want now?" She mumbled to herself while typing her reply.

"And she's looking furious."Another message popped up.

"What does she wa….." Santana just about to send her reply when a loud buzz appeared on her computer, followed by a message,

"COME DOWN. NOW. SANTANA."

By reading that all caps message from her friend on the 9th floor, Mike, she knew that it's a matter of life and death now, okay maybe not that kind of emergency, but yeah just a super fucked up situation about her team, again.

Santana typed in a quick message, "Okay.", before standing up.

Santana grabbed her pen and notebook, prepared for whatever she needs to write down, and headed to the elevator. She pressed the down button before fishing out her phone from her pocket to check if someone texted her. And when the elevator door still didn't open after a minute, she's decided to take the stairs. She's about to turn around when the elevator dinged and the door opened.

"Finally.", she mumbled to herself.

Santana turned her heels and entered the elevator. She pressed 9th, but the door came to halt when someone tries to stop it from closing. A girl with a lot of papers on her hand entered and pressed 2nd. Santana recognized her as the new girl from HR. Santana was willing to give her a smile when the door dinged open again, this time, she's on the 9th floor. So she walked out instead and headed straight to Sylvester's office.

Santana stride her heels smoothly, as she tries to calm her nerves. She passed Mike's table nodding to him vaguely. She attempted to knock on the open door just to show her presence but she was cut off by a firm voice.

"Sit down." Sue Sylvester told her without removing her eyes from her computer.

Santana obliged and seated herself on one of the chairs in front of her boss' table. She noticed a nice pen lying on Sylvester's table and she could have asked her where she'd got it if it was another time where they can throw jokes to each other. And obviously, now is not the time for it.

"Give me an update about your team's progress on cleaning out the portal." This time, Sylvester is facing her with a serious look. Her fingers playing with the pen Santana is looking at.

Santana cleared her throat before saying, "Well, we're on 20% progress. We've been following the guidelines from the main office thoroughly and we haven't received any violent comment from them ever since." Santana said it with full confidence.

"Then tell me what this is about." Sylvester pointed to her monitor that has an open email on the screen. She moved the monitor lightly to give Santana a better look.

The email is from a person named Matthew Anderson. Santana looked at Sylvester as if asking if she can read the entire email.

"Yes please, read for yourself." Sylvester said it with a mocking tone.

Santana read the whole email and her nerves begun to tremble with nervousness. This isn't gonna be good. Her team is about to face another lash out from the management. Her team has been so fed up these past two months after their main office magically came up with a new rules and guidelines to follow about posting classified ads on their portal. And with these new guidelines, her team needed to clean up the mess that have been made ten years ago, the time that she's not even with the company yet. She's pissed. Because after ten years in the business, it's just now that the top management is coming up with the guidelines. Way to run a business.

Santana was snapped out from her thoughts when she heard Sylvester says, "Give your team an exam." After a short pause, she continued,"And fire those who cannot pass."

Santana was shocked. She's about to answer but was cut off with a dismissive tone from Sylvester, "TODAY. I need to see the questionnaires after lunch. "

YES. Her boss is super pissed.

"Okay." Santana knows when to just give up a fight and follow what the management wants.

So she just stood up and walked out of the office. She's too caught up on her thoughts when someone bumped into her. She's all ready to snap out and was about to give a long bitchy rant about being careful when walking in a public place when she recognized the person who she run into, the new HR girl. The girl just sends her an apologetic look before walking away so fast. She then heard a low mumble from one of the staffs saying to the new HR girl,"Quick. She needed you now." Then she heard the new HR girl answered with a shaky voice, "Okay." That's the first time she heard her voice. It could have been a sweet voice but with an obvious nervousness on her tone it became shaky. She's about to turn her head to look where the new HR girl is heading but she disappeared already.

Santana continue to walk and this time she's decided to take the stairs, it's two floors away anyway. And she needed some air so she could think. She checked the time on her phone, it's 11:22am. She took a deep breathe. Again, she's not going to have a good lunch, today. She needs to submit the questionnaires to Sylvester after lunch. And after lunch meaning 1:00pm, sharp. So she has more than one hour to come up with a full blast exam questionnaire to at least impress or make it up to her boss.

She almost reached the fire exit door in the 11th floor when she realized she doesn't have her notebook.

"Shit." She breathed out.

She had left her notebook at Sylvester's office. She stomped on her feet walking down again to go back to her boss' office to get her notebook.

Santana is walking too fast that she didn't realize the exit door was slamming open, right to her face. She winced as she soothed her nose.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry! I didn't know there's someone in here. I'm so sorry. Are you okay?"

Santana nodded frantically. Too pained to give a sarcastic comeback.

"Yeah yeah, I'm okay. I guess I'm walking too fast tho." She answered while taking her head up to see who is she talking to.

"Oh."

It's the new HR girl again.

"Way to meet a new officemate. Bumping to each other, not to mention, twice." Santana tried to joke. And she didn't fail; the new HR girl is now smiling.

"Santana Lopez, Marketing Department." Santana held her hands. Hoping the new HR girl will take it.

"Brittany S. Pierce, HR Department. New HR Assistant." The new HR girl smiled again then took her hand.

"Hmmm. Brittany." Santana repeated her name as if memorizing it. She could have written it down if only she just has her…

"Notebook. Ah yes! I need to get my notebook now. I'm sorry, I have to go. See you around!" And with that Santana opened the door again and headed to Sylvester's office leaving Brittany confused.

"Weird." Britanny told to herself. And just continue her walk up to the 11th floor.