The stranger, though, wasn’t surprised and held out his hand, “pleasure.”

Zoey ignored the out-stretched hand and glared at him.

Denny, surprised, said, “you both know each other. How?”

The stranger said, “We met early this morning. On our way to the office. Very pleasant nature you have, miss. Brandon.”

“You shut up. No, you don’t speak. NOT A WORD.” Zoey said, anger showing in her voice, and eyes glaring at him.

Denny said, panicking, “Zoey! What is this! Behave!”

The stranger smiled at Denny and said, “It’s alright. Denny, relax. We did not have the best conversation in the morning.”

He again stretched out his hand towards Zoey and said, “Hi, I’m Brad Denver.”

Tony caught it this time and shook Brad’s hand for a while and, winking, he said, “I’m Tony. I decide where the photographs go.”

Zoey nudged him in his ribs.

Brad loosened his hand carefully and said, “Well, pleasure. Now, Denny, if you could hit me, I mean us, with the details.”

Denny looked questioningly at Zoey, who still seemed a bit dazed.

Zoey nodded her consent.

Denny continued, “There’s actually a wedding.”

Zoey and Brad groaned in unison.

Zoey howled, “I thought you said no more weddings!”

“I know, I know. Just hear me out!” Denny pleaded.

Brad signaled Denny to go on.

“Well, this wedding is a disaster. It’s between my nephew and John Preston’s niece, in about a month’s time.” Denny continued.

“All weddings are disasters.” Zoey muttered.

Denny gave her a look and said, “I want you two to do something for me. It’s like a personal favor, actually. If we fix this, zoey, john preston might actually help in bumping your post to a professional travel journalist.”

“oh my.. wait, a favor? I thought this was a new assignment.” Zoey exclaimed.

Brad looked at Denny and said, “You haven’t told her anything yet?”

Denny shrugged and said, “What do you think? You’ve seen how she is.”

Brad shook his head at Denny.

Denny continued, “anyway, the thing is, Zoey, I want you to go there. To Alaska. And, um, well, stop this beastly wedding.”

Zoey’s mouth turned into a perfect ‘o’ but no voice came out.

“Zoey? You fine with it?” Denny asked again.

Still no answer.

Tony nudged Zoey hard in her ribs.

“Huh? Um, WHAT?” Zoey howled.

Brad got up and said, “Call me when the drama queen has settled. I’ll be in the cafeteria.”

He left the room.

Zoey glared at his receding back.

Tony said to Zoey, “Zoey, come on, people are paying you to stop a wedding. Isn’t that kind of your dream job?!”

“Denny, please, give me every detail. I don’t think it’s that simple.” Zoey said, and crossed her arms across her chest and waited for Denny to speak.