Asking

STEF POV

"You weren't kidding when you said you were hungry!" I said to Lena as she had finished off not only her breakfast but mine as well.

"I know. It's the first day I really have an appetite."

"Well I'm glad. Do you want anything else love? Shit. I'm sorry." I said shaking my head at myself at the words I kept calling her. Not that I didn't want to but I didn't want to cross any boundaries.

"It's ok. You are an affectionate person Stef. You always were well with me anyway."

"Yeah. So um at least the hotel refunded us right?"

"Thank goodness. We can use it on all the food I keep eating." She laughed as the smile spread wider across my face.

"You can say that again. So um how is everything else?" I asked taking a sip of my coffee. Yes I wanted to know what was going on with her life but I guess part of me wanted to know if she was dating even if it was none of my damm business. Not like I had been fully honest myself in terms of my relationship with Tess which was basically over. She never texted me back if she arrived in Naples or not and I didn't expect to hear from her anymore.

"Um not bad. The new school is not as nice as Anchor Beach that much I know."

"Well I didn't think so. That school was right on the beach and you don't get any nicer then that." I laughed as she did the same.

"This is true. But it's good. I mean more responsibility."

"But that's what you wanted right? To be more part of the decision making?" I asked taking a sip of my coffee as she inhaled the rest of my pancakes.

"Yes for sure and it's nice. I just hope the decisions I am making will benefit the students in the way I want."

"I'm sure they will. You have never been known to make a bad choice in the case of your students. You always have this crazy foresight for them and in terms of education in general. Just trust your gut and do what you feel is right. In the end I'm sure it will work out."

"Thanks. I think I needed to hear that."

"Sometimes it takes an outside perspective and you are much to hard yourself. You don't need to be Lena. You got that job for a reason."

"I guess I forget sometimes. But thanks Stef."

"You're welcome." I said as she smiled at me but once again a silence fell between us that was hard to pinpoint. Maybe it was the talk about her old school which had been a sore spot in the past considering what happened with her and Monte. Yes I was over that and the mistake she made and my mistakes as well.

FLASHBACK

"So what did you just fall on top of her or what! Is that what happened!" I yelled in our bedroom as I was packing my bag and literally throwing shit in it.

"No! No that's not what happened!"

"Then how did it happen! How Lena!? How could you do that!" Yelling the most I ever had in my entire life I didn't care. I didn't care who in the hell heard us as I had just gotten home from work when Lena dumped this shit in my lap. 

"I didn't on purpose Stef. I didn't and I'm sorry."

"Yeah you're sorry. So what you love her? Huh? You want to be with her? MM?"

"No. I don't love her and I don't want to be with her. I don't. I want to be with you!"

"Oh please! You have a real funny way of showing you want to be with me!  A real funny way!" Throwing my uniform clothes in the bag now  she stood on the opposite side of our bed. "You know I had that woman in our house. We had her over for dinner and whatever else and that entire time you were having an affair? When I left the room did you hold hands or ...