Confession

LENA POV

"I guess mom stayed over Aunt Judith's after all." I said walking into the kitchen as the two of us put the things down from our picnic earlier.

"That's good actually. She really needs to just get out the house a bit."

"I agree but she's so stubborn about it Stef. It's like pulling teeth with her sometimes."

"Ha imagine someone like that!" She said as I slapped her arm.

"Watch it blondie!"Joking she winked at me and once again my face blushed like crazy. Sure it was safe to say I feel like I was a teenager falling for my first crush as she now leaned her back against the counter staring at me. "What?" I asked shyly a wider smiler forming on my face as well as hers.

"Was today ok for you? I mean did you have a nice time at the park love?"

"I did. Yes. Thank you."

"Anytime beautiful." Blushing which I was becoming an expert at again I glanced to her as she let out a wide grin.

"I make you blush this much like I used to?"

"Seems like it, I guess I forgot. I mean forgot how much you use to make me blush."

"What makes you blush exactly my sweetheart?" she asked moving closer to me so close that I could barely breath. Wondering if she could too I felt her grab my hand and hold it softly, so soft as my fingers begin to play with hers as I looked back into her warm hazel eyes. Her expression right now I knew so well and if I wasn't mistaken I could see she wanted to kiss me. Truth was I had wanted to kiss her the entire day but had not. We were dancing around one thing right now and one thing only."MM miss shy? MM?"

"I um, I don't know. I guess how you talk to me."

"Yes? How do I talk to you?"

"Um, like you use to before everything happened. Before we, before our marriage died and our love got lost." I said honestly as she looked even more intense at me.

"Come sit with me in front of the fire? I could use a glass of wine. YOu?"

"Yes. Let me just um, just change."

"Sure." She said softly as I let out a small smile myself walking to my bedroom. Right now my head was spinning but not in a bad way at all for I had forgotten how intense Stef could really be. I had forgotten how affectionate she could be especially when she was flirting but I wanted more of it. I wanted every single bit of it and I was going to kiss her. I was. No I didn't need to change my clothes but if I had not walked off I was going to rip her clothes off and make love to her and I needed to relax myself and get my mind together. We were still very much working out our relationship and maybe having sex wasn't the best idea right now. Kissing we could start with I thought as I threw on lounge pants and a tee-shirt. Walking back into the living room and seeing her on the floor in front of the fire no part of today was a regular outing with a friend. No part at all as I took a seat beside her and she glanced towards me handing me my glass.

"Feel better?"

"Yeah. Had to get out of those jeans." I admitted taking a sip of my wine as she did the same turning her body to face me.

"Lena?"

"Yes?"

"So you think our love got lost and died forever?"

"I think it did get lost after everything that happened but I don't think it died and I don't think it died forever. Do you?"

"No I don't think it did."

"I think it just maybe took a break. You know and had to repair itself in some way. You know?"

"Yes." Feeling her hand on mine again I gently ran my fingers across hers up and down. Something I use to do as I noticed her ringless finger where our wedding band once was. "I still have mine. I didn't toss it."