Chapter Three

Chara felt their body get hauled off the ground, but they couldn't open their eyes.
Whatever was carrying them scented of rubbing alcohol, latex, and stale smoke.
Chara was familiar to the scent of latex— they were somewhat allergic, after all.

Chara groaned and tried to move, but they felt so heavy. Every move they made was so difficult.

Obviously their carrier noticed Chara's building discomfort and their breath hitching.
"Don't make any noise," A deep voice warned,

Asgore.

Chara felt heat burn on the surface of their skin,
Based on how it felt, Chara could assume Asgore was carrying Chara over his shoulder, their face against his back.

As instructed, they stayed quiet, until they felt cold air and Chara could sense the atmosphere change.
Asgore set Chara down on a cold, metal table.
They couldn't feel the collar around their neck— it probably wasn't even on.

Chara tried to move, speak, anything.

All that came out was incoherent babbling, groaning, and very weak tossing.

Asgore laughed a bit,
"It's no use, human. You're handling the chemical a lot better than most monsters, but even a human isn't strong enough to recover from it that quickly." He said, although observing as Chara tried to sit up.They managed to get half way before slamming back down on the table.
Chara grunted and kicked at the air, their face twisted with effort.

Asgore watched silently —
Truly it was fascinating. The tranquilizer only affected Chara for maybe twenty minutes, and even then, Chara was awake the entire time. Right now, despite Asgore saying otherwise, it was wearing off. The human is moving, but it is taking all of their strength.

Asgore walked over to the metal table,  taking leather straps from the sides of the table and used them to bind the child to the cold, metal surface.
Chara continued to kick, before their crimson eyes shot open and they took a deep breath.
They coughed, before sighing, relaxing against the metal table.

Asgore narrowed his eyes,
"Fine. You managed to use your 'determination' to push through a simple tranquilizer, but that particular determination won't get you as far as you think here." He said, watching Chara ease onto the metal surface,

Chara sighed, watching the doctor come up to Chara. He hovered over her,
"How peculiar. I didn't think humans came with red eyes.." Asgore commented,

"Brown. My eyes are brown. It's just a weird shade—"

"Shut your god damned mouth!" Asgore shouted, in which Chara fell silent, their eyes wide and breathing quick,

Asgore used a claw to lift Chara's lip, observing their tooth gap,
"That's no good.." Asgore hummed, making a light 'tsk' noise with his mouth in a disapproving manner.

"We're just going to have to fix that, but.. that can wait. I brought you here for something else." He said, taking out a needle that had a small amount of some sort of red substance.
"I believe you have a rare soul trait. Determination, to be exact. You see, all humans have determination, but I think you have a significant amount more... and, I've been royal scientist for hundreds of years, and I will never have an opportunity like this again." Asgore said, before pressing the needle into Chara's skin, injecting the liquid.

Chara felt fire burning inside of them. At first, their body tried to reject the substance, before they practically absorbed it.
They tried to push themselves out of the leather binds, feeling the leather stretch against their skin. Red light glowed in their chest.