Prologue

Have you ever had one of those days that made you hate everyone and everything around you? A day that would never get better, not in the least? Well, today is not that day. Not for me, anyway.

There has been a war brewing between me and enemy for over two decades. Being part wolf and very stubborn, neither of us would allow the other party the satisfaction of a victorious win. There will never be enough room for an agreement nor a treaty. It will either be him or me. And, I will not lose.

I stared out the window in my office, trying to determine my next move. We have tried many tactics to end this war in our favor, but he was ahead of me. He even tried using my own man against me. I have killed more of my own pack, than any of his. However, I also had more loyal and trustworthy members than he would ever have.

I was nearly startled when my beta, Damien, burst through the door unannounced.

"Careful, Damien," I barked, with sincerity. "You better learn how to knock on a door or you will lose all the feelings in both of your legs."

He bowed graciously, "I'm sorry, my Alpha. But I have great news from the forefront."

I rolled my eyes, "This better be good and not another one of your stories of how you have slain another one of those lowly omegas."

"No," he grinned, devilishly. "We caught him."

"...Him who?" I narrowed my eye, focusing all my attention on my scared beta.

He walked cautiously towards me, keeping his focus on my growing claws. "Lucius," he answered.

I smiled sadistically, "Hmm. Excellent work, Damien. Now, bring him to me."

Damien left without a second glance. I was beyond gracious. My men have caught one of the most ruthless rogues alive. The fourteen hours a day of hard core training I've been putting my men through have finally paid off. They have finally capture him and are bringing him to me.

You would think that I would scared to confront my foe. However, it's the exact opposite. I cannot wait to see him. I want to see him. I want him to face me. I want to see him dead and buried beneath my feet. I want to burn his body until the flesh from his bones simmers away and then I would feed his remains to my lower pups. I want to show the whole world what kind of coward he really is and I cannot wait to slash him with my own bare claws.

Sadly, I can't do that. My animal instinct aren't as malicious as his. But, I will watch the blood flow from his veins as he bleeds out, slowly and painfully. One way or another, it shall be done.

A rustling in the hallway pulled me out of my thought. The sound of things breaking in my hallway announced the beast was coming. I took that opportunity to move away from the window and sit on the edge of my desk. It was just a coincidence that I was wearing a pair of leather pants and a cropped sweater revealing the best parts of my body, the top of my cleavage and my mid-drift. Only two buttons kept me from completely exposing myself. It would most certainly come in handy, if I needed to tame the beast.

The door swung open and my beta walked through casually. He shifted to the side as my two best fighters carrying in the rogue. His hands were bound in silver cuffs. And yet, he still tried to bang and wiggle his way away from my guys. He didn't have any luck as they threw him to the floor in front of me. The cuffs weighed him down like an anchor.

He finally stopped fidgeting, as he took a good whiff of the air around him. His head was covered in a black sheet, unable to see me. Yet, he knew I was right in front of him. I could see the smile on his face, even though we couldn't quite see eye to eye. Damien linked his chains to an attachment on the floor. He was grounded.