Part 9 - Find, Fight, Flee

Gavin's pov

After whatever that was, I go into the back entrance using Meg's key. I think about nothing on the way up, just numbing pain of worrying about Ryan.

~short time skip up stairs~

I'm at the third floor and I hear HIS laughter. It's the cackle of a madman. I'm literally shacking in my boots approaching HIM, but it is my duty. I squat behind the doorway, scanning some of the people in the room. There is a petite girl long blond hair, an older man with a large belly and a questionable heritage. Was he Mexican? Black? Korean? I look over more scared faces, but none of them are Ryan's. I just hope that he got out safely. I continue looking and realize I don't see HIM anymore. In my search for Ryan HE had left the room. Panicked I look behind me, half expecting to see HIM there, but he wasn't. Scanning the room one last time a crouch run into the room and quickly untie all the workers, starting with the blond haired girl, I then give her Meg's keys and say "please tell Meg I may have to rain check that date but give her these keys." She nods and helps me untie others, they all leave the way I came in but as they do it another alarm goes off. HE comes running into the room, and smiles.

"I see you fell into my trap" HE says

"What trap" I say trying to keep his attention on me, but then panic when I realize my voice filter isn't working.

"I know what you are doing, helping them get away. That is the trap. I merely wanted to see you again. I just rigged a one way motion detector to go off when someone leaves." He then reaches into his pocket, and I see the thing that Meg was talking about, a weird sphere with wires, it kind of looked like a bomb, but HE started tapping it in a certain way and the alarm shut off. Maybe it was some kind of remote? Or both?

"Oh but enough with this silly talk, I think you want to fight me, am I right?" HE says I say nothing, not wanting to use my voice. "Well I would be happy to oblige" HE finishes, and comes charging at me with a knife. I fight him off us being pretty even since I've been going to the gym. But then he grabs me by the neck, I can't breathe.

With one hand around my throat HE pins me down. And bites into my forearm, drawing blood. Then he takes a knife and draws on my arm with it. I'm screaming in pain, not caring about my voice anymore, but his entire body is on me and I can't move. HE draws a strange set of circles and lines, maybe a skull? I don't know but it hurts.

He leans into to me and in a breathy whisper HE says,"I could kill you right now if I wanted to. But I can't let you die a hero like your pathetic excuse of a partner. Beg me for your death."

I spit on him and crock out "never"

"Oh what a pity, you could've ended your suffering." HE then gets up at looks at his watch, "oh look at that, time just flew by. I'm almost late for pizza night!" I just say, gasping for air on the ground, useless.

"Tata" HE says, then seamanly disappears out of a window.