3

[ Chris's POV ]

My eyes popped open with a throbbing head as I sat up. I rubbed my temples as my gaze moved to the clock. 5:29... great.. It's still early.  My head dropped back to my comfy pillow and stared at the ceiling.

"What the hell happened?!" I whispered to nobody. My voice was cracked and every time I close my eyes, I see a man, A man with a mask.. Like a ninja... with the color turquoise.... did all of that really happen? Nah, It was probably just a dream.

I got off the bed and walked to the bathroom, turning on the lights as I walk in. I took a quick shower and wrapped the towel around my waist. I walked to the sink and grabbed my toothbrush. But as I look up, I dropped the toothbrush onto the sink making a glass sound.

"CRAP!!" I screamed. It was true. It happened. There was a bruise on the Left side of my face, just above the eye. I touched it with my hand and it stung. My eye twitched as I touched it gently.

What to do with a bruise ?! Get a concealer... But I am a dude... I need to sneak to mom's room and get one. Hopefully I won't find anything else than that.

Speaking of Mom, the door opened out of the blue. Mom came in with a worried face and just by bad luck, my towel fell to the ground."Moom!!" I screamed quickly grabbing the towel from the floor and wrapped it around me. "What are you doing here?!"

Apparently Mom has keys to every room and one time, Jason told me this story that during a school day. Mom was off early while Jake ditched class to have some time with a girl in a room. Jason that time had a fever. Mom walked in and heard noises. She instantly used one of her many keys and interrupted the two. Mom didn't beat him up but she started talking about how normal that is.. sooo the girl left in outrage and embarrassment and yeah, I thought that would be very embarrassing.

"Honey, did you curse?" I shook my head.

"Mom I didn't, just leave!!" I pointed at the door.

"Did you just do what I thought you were doing?" Oh crap...no please..

"No Mom I didn't!"

"OH  rea--" she gasped. She walked closer to me and touched my bruise making me say 'ow' "Christopher Summers!" I cringed "Did you get into a fight Young Man?!"

"Noo..." I trailed off looking for an explanation.

"Then what happened?!" she put her hands on her hips.

"I.. uhhh....--"

"You got into a fight ain't it?!" Her voice rises. "Now tell me who that person is and I'm gonna tell his parents about it!" she exclaimed. ughhhh...... What can I do??

"Mom just leave!!" I pointed at the door.

"You don't love your mother don't you?" she sniffed and pouted "After all I've done for you and this is how you repay me," her voice cracked

"I have given you everything you need Christopher..." I cringed again "Everything, food, shelter, water, family, clothes, education. Right now I'm trying to help you and you just don't appreciate it huh?!" Tears started to well up in her eyes. Crap, I made her cry damnit. Good job Chris, you made your mother cry.

"Don't cry," I walked closer to her for a hug as she sniffed "You can help me cover up the bruise," She parted with a big smile. She looks like she never even cried.

She dragged me out of the bathroom and into my room. "you need to tidy this," she had her hands on her hips.

"Mooom!"

" Ok ok," she said and went to her bedroom to get the supplies.

~

I arrived in school, with a blue scarf around my neck and a beanie because she thinks I look hot with it. Really? She even added some blush on my cheeks and small amount of pink lipstick then a tiny concealer on my bruise.