Chapter 6

He launches himself at me and I barely dodge him.

We continue to fight. An ongoing battle that neither of us would be giving up on without a fight. Jacob has height and weight, but I have speed and agility. I am not giving up! I would rather die trying to protect myself than just giving up so I can be another killed human on his hit lists. I look over Jacob’s shoulder and notice something that I did not notice before. It is a hole in the wall, where light is peaking through. I realize now what I have to do. I punch Jacob in the jaw as hard as I possibly can. I kick him behind his knees so he falls to the ground. I walk over to the light and pull a cross from the rocks. It is a golden necklace. I clip the necklace around my neck, close my eyes and think of the happiest and warmest things that remind me of home and even Emily. I continue to think, a surge of energy traveling from my body, creating so much power that I begin to glow. Then I open my eyes and Jacobs face is filled with fear.

“No, no, no!” He screams and pleads for mercy, but I have none for what he has done to me.   

I bright shining light explodes from my body. So much power and energy surges forward, destroying Jacob, tearing his body to pieces. I fall to the floor with no energy left. I then realized that even in the darkest places, you can always find hope. Even when it feels like you are trapped and there is no way out, you should use your imagination and discover.

I have two options left. I can die down here or I can fight. I choose to fight. I fight for my parents, Emily, and even myself. I fight for everything I believe in and everything that is worth living for, and all the future generations of life. A bright light shines across the room and then everything is gone. There is nothing left to defend, discover, or protect. I walk out of the dungeon, and out of the cemetery, out into the sunlight, out into hope.

So I hope that enjoyed my extremely short story. I was unedited so I am sorry for that. I know that the chapters were short but thats ok. haha OK then bye!!!