Chapter Seven

Mephiles's POV

Today is the day. I've ordered all of the furniture and have made the payments. I walked into the kitchen to see Manic and Scourge sitting at the table sipping coffee. Scourge looked up at me and said "Hey Mephiles; Excited on the new house?" Scourge asked already waking up.
"Yes I am excited, but I need you to watch Shadow for me while I move in. Also can you take some pictures of him so I can analyze his behavior?"
"Sure thing."
"He usually wakes up at 7:30 so he should be up right now." Scourge looks at the clock and nods.

Scourge's POV

I walked over to his house and didn't see him. So I headed into town I was walking down the street with my hands in my pockets looking this way and that. Then I saw him through a cafe window reading a blue book. I took out my phone and took a picture. I noticed that he was wearing a black sweatshirt and black pants. His chest fur poked out the top of his sweatshirt.

I walked inside and sat in the back. I was in a booth and I put the camera on selfie mode so I could see him.

Timeskip

It was a long as hour and a half but he finally stood up and walked out the door. I took a pic of him walking out. I followed and watched him while taking a pic. He stopped in front of a candle store; he raised his head upwards and closed his eyes as he sniffed the air. Then he walked in.

I walked in a few seconds later. I hid behind a stack of pumpkin spice as he went around looking as some. He picked up one and started to sniff again. I took a pic. Then a fat woman lizard came around the corner and started to talk to him. "Oh hello there, what are you smelling right there?"
"Um" He looked at the candle. "Coffee Shop."
"Oh if you liked that then wait here." She scurried away to go grab more candles. "This one is nature and this one is afternoon."
Shadow carefully grabbed and smelt both of them. He decided to buy the three candles and he was given a bag to carry them. He chaos controlled home to probably his house, so that's where I ran.

Timeskip

I peeked through the living room window to see him putting the candle on the coffee table and lighting it. I took a picture of him sniffing it in.

Suddenly, my objective started vibrating. I looked at if to see Mephiles text me.

Hey

I finished moving the things into the house.

You can go home now I'll be there in a few minutes I'm taking a break to just relax.

Ok

I will be out if you forget anything
in the house just grab it

I put my phone in my pocket and ran to the store to buy groceries.

Shadow's POV

The cashable smells really good. It was really calming. I lit afternoon and sighed out. I went upstairs to get some chocolate. As I enter my room I saw the footprint mark on the mirror. I walked over to it and scowled. "You IDIOT!" I punched the mirror and cracked it. "How could you lose against that faker?" I then got so mad I pulled out my phone and texted him.

I demand a rematch

Pfft took you long enough

Same place now

Let's do this

Regular POV

Shadow chaos controlled to open fold again. Anger boiled over as he clenched his teeth and growled. A blue blur than appeared and skidded to a stop. Sonic got into a fighting stance and smirked. "Oh you really are a sore loser Shadz," Sonic said in a teasing manner as he mirthed. Shadow gritted his teeth. Sonic decided to attack first by jumping and spin dashing. Shadow dodged the attack by stepping to the side. Sonic landed next to him. He skidded go a stop and got kicked in the face as he look up. Sonic wasn't to happy about that Shadow jumped back to give distance between them. Sonic charged again and Shadow through a chaos spear. Sonic was instantly thrown back. He landed in the dirt and created a trail.

Shadow turned in his hover skates and started throwing more chaos spears. Sonic dodged them by running back and fourth. He stopped and yelled "Hey faker! You got lost aim. What? Are you drunk? Us that why your so angry, you weak crybaby.

Shadow landed to the ground and Sonic took his chance to spin dash him. Shadow was was scratched in the other cheek and thrown back. However, before he could his the ground Sonic kicked him in the side and made him roll in midair. He landed on stomach. He curled in a ball.

"I guess we know who the better game truly is. Shadow then chaos controlled home.

Mephiles's POV

I was sitting in my living room relaxing on the couch. I finally bought and placed everything in the house including groceries. I asked Scourge to send me the pics. I ended up analyzing that Shadow was truly calm in nature and at the Cafe. I could tell he liked to read romance novels and probably some other books. Then I saw that he liked candles not much else I can infer except they make him happy.

I teleported over to his house to see if empty. I looked upstairs and saw the cracked mirror and the burning candle. I sighed and decided to wait.

Timeskip

Shake finally returned. He was hunched over and having his stomach. He was shaking I think out of exhaustion. Then he collapsed. I heard light snores. I came back into my regular form and walked over to him. I rolled him over with my foot. I saw he had scratches on his face and ruffled fur. 'He was in another fight again?!" A wave of anger rushed through me. I could have just punched him but my arms didn't work. It was like subconsciously I didn't want to punch him.

I shrugged it off and then realized something terrible. I forgot my chips. I teleported back to Scourge's house. As soon as I cave around the corner Manic screamed. I jumped back in panic. "Oh its just you." I walked towards him only to hear the front door slam open. I got startled and tripped. I landed on Manic. Scourge then ran in to see me on top of him. He quickly kicked me off and and proceeded to punch me in the face. I grabbed his arms and was about to explain when Manic interceded. He pulled us apart and hugged Scourge. "He wasn't doing anything he just fell."
"Then why did you scream?"
"He scared me when he suddenly popped in."
"Oh, well sorry Mephiles. When I thought you hurt Manic I got mad and didn't think about anything."
"Wait...What?" I asked hoping that he would add more. He did by saying "If was just a rush of anger. I don't know where it came from." Scourge's said and hugged Manic.

I took my child and left. I teleported to Shadow's house. I placed the chips on the chips on the coffee table and looked down at Shadow.
'A surge if anger, that's what I felt.'
I picked Shadow up and carried him to his room. I placed him on the bed. 'Am I in love?' I traced the scratches gently with my hand feeling sad. I then heard a low rumble in his throat. I listened closely and heard a purr. 'Cute.' I immediately thought. I blushed and teleported him. Obviously I am not feeling well.