~Chapter 8~

~Hazel~

My thumping heart stopped suddenly, shock froze my body and I lost any ability to speak. Gasps and cries from over the other side of the gate increased the panic inside of my body to it's maximum, it also doubled the fear that ran through me, reminding me this man was definitely not safe to be around.

I pushed myself up against the gate, wanting to get as far away from him as possible, until he slowly bent down infront of me, resting his arms on his bent legs.

"Don't be scared." He smirked at

me, his voice slow and sly. His long, dark, dishelved hair cast a shadow across his face, making him look all the more unnerving.

His icy, rough hand gripped my hips, jerked my body up from the ground and pivoted me around to face Raven's pack like a rag doll. He tightened an arm around my waist, trapping my arms, and brought an arm up to strangle my neck.

Struggling for breath, I cast my eyes upon the horrified faces of the pack members. I felt my face fall and my heart broke at the looks on their faces as they stand their, dismayed.

"I have my followers surrounding this place, come with me now without a fuss and I'll think about not harming Raven's precious pack." He spat in my ear and I cringed.

As I was about to retaliate, the main buildings vast doors crashed open, the booming sound echoing. I felt the ground rumble slightly from the force.

Men pile out, some in armour and some only in shorts. The armoured men take their places around the courtyard, protecting their pack from danger.

The underdressed men strode forward, stopping in the middle of the large courtyard. Their snarls mixing in with each others and their stance looked like they were ready to fight, to kill. Their deadly stare was directed at the man behind me.

At that moment, Justin and Mason emerge from the crowd, their eyes strained on me. They stand in front of all the others.

"Take another step and I'll kill her now." He says in a smug voice making more multiple growls echo throughout the courtyard.

Dexter's arms unravel themselfs from my body and I'm then spun around and forcefully pushed towards the woods by my shoulders.

After regaining my balance, I was again shoved until I was hidden by the tall trees.

"What do you want?" I asked, trying to push back my shaky voice.

He smirked and circled me, his cold eyes trailing down my body. I felt sick to my stomach with disgust.

He raised an eyebrow, lifting his eyes to meet mine.

"That was quite heroic what you did back there." Sarcasm dripping from his voice. I didn't forget how he avoided my question.

"Did you use that small girl as bait?" I broke eye contact with him, his hard stare making me uncomfortable.

He snorted. "Didn't have to, kid was there by chance. Unfortunate for you." He smirked at me. "But lucky for me." Smiling smugly he took a step closer to me.

My heart jumped and I stumbled back a few steps. "Stay away." I spat out. That was pretty weak on my part. I've never had to really protect myself using the defence skills penny had taught me, up until lately.

"I want what's left of your family." He lifted his hand and ran a finger across my jaw, his skin rough against mine. I scowled confused and tilted my head away from his hand.

"And then I want you." He growled out and held my neck in his hands. Confused, I stood trying to understand what he was saying, not realising that he was leaning towards my face.