Chapter 12 - Meeting your younger and older self

____hella rewritten____

Large crowds and loud noise wasn't an abnormality within the Potter manor. Not with three grandchildren of Prongs himself under one roof. Harry was certain that he had experienced the worst when it came to stress and tiredness. But after the birth of his first son and the rest of his in laws also producing families, he finally learned how hard it was to really be a parent. Especially when all of his children seemed to have inherited the mischievous streak when it came to pranks from their grandfather. He was a bit more relieved to know that Albus wasn't as much into causing trouble like his siblings, but Harry could easily see how his youngest son silently enjoyed it whenever one of their family members was the victim of one unfortunate prank and a storm would brew up in the manor.

Now was another of those times where The Boy Who Lived found his patience wearing dangerously thin. And it wasn't even his children or many nieces and nephews who were at fault. The spacious kitchen in Potter manor was almost occupied to its full capacity. Only leaving so little space left for people to move around. Not that anyone cared for that matter at the moment. Everyone talked over each other, arguing back and forth about the best course to take when it came to the children's safety. Also the fact who were going to be the ones to retrieve them.

From the corner of his eye, Harry could see the forms of Ron and Malfoy heatedly discussing  or arguing - he didn't even know anymore - about which one of them would be the wisest choice. It wasn't a unfamiliar sight to see those to go at each other's throat, even after all these years. His wife, Ginny, was snapping something at Hermione, who rolled her eyes and replied in a calm voice. Or tried to at least, he could see the way her jaw tightened in annoyance at his wife's constant prodding for answers. The rest of the big family were either talking to each other or backing up opinions of other, causing an even bigger wave of noise washing over the room.

Harry closed his eyes and inwardly willed himself to have enough strength for the next few hours. Straightening himself up from his slumped position against the counter behind him, he took a breath before loudly and clearly putting a stop to all conversation around him. It wasn't the hardest achievement for him, seeing how they quickly silenced after a few seconds. In the past, Harry Potter would have squirmed underneath all the attention directed at him. But now, it was something he had grown accustomed to.

"Standing here and arguing will not get our children back any faster," he spoke to the occupants in the room, who were all looking worried but still grudgingly agreed to his words.

"What did the Unspeakables say?" Angelina asked, hands tightly clasped with George by her side.

Harry shared a look with Hermione, who stepped forward. "They did manage to find a solution for us to bring them back," there was like a burden was lifted from the room as everyone sighed out in relief. "But there are risks."

"What risks?" Bill questioned warily, standing behind his wife, hands on her shoulders for support.

"As in ruining time as we know it," she replied and a tense silence filled the space.

Draco Malfoy who was pinching the bridge of his nose was the one to speak up, pointing out what everyone wondered. "Didn't that already happen when your son dropped the time turner?"

Hermione chose to ignore the small bite against her son, seeing how she couldn't defend his actions anyways at this point. "In a way yes, but now that we know they're at a safe place we only need to obliviate those present. The risky part is to get to them," she paused for a moment before placing a small box at the size of an average hand on the kitchen island. It seemed quite ordinary for someone who looked at it. Made of what looked like metal with intricate looking designs swirling on the sides. "Concentration is the key here. We only think of our children and the time they're in. Or else we might end up in a completely different time. But returning will be much easier, seeing how the Department of Mysteries managed to spell it to take us back to our time."