Chapter 5- What is Normal?

~ C H A P T E R
F I V E~

She's a homophobic suffering from homophobia. Our faces faced each other, her eyes a tad bit higher than mine, frown lines sat on her face as she put on her best serious frown. Mom, the woman I adored so much, the woman that adored me so much when I was a little girl; has turned into a monster over the years.

Sad part about all of this is that, I'll never be able to fully understand why she hates homosexual relationships so much.

I do nothing to state that I'm a lesbian, yet she walks around slamming Ricardo and I together every chance she gets. Sigh.

I'm not a lesbian.

My teeth press down on my tongue as I hand my car keys over to her, I wanted to live my life the way I chose, but with everything going on with school I just don't think I need to be focusing on other things that aren't mid-semester exams.

Just wait till I get done.

"Thank you, I'll see you at home when school ends." She smiles at me and I try to remain calm.

"Ricardo has practice today, I won't be home until that ends." I shrug then she thinks and rubs her chin.

"Well that's great, more bond time for you guys and you can watch all the other guys swim, that's a plus." She grins and I roll my eyes.

"Are you seriously telling me to ogle at other guys that aren't my boyfriend?"

"Of course, I bet he looks at other girls all the time. It won't hurt to look darling."

"K, I'm going back to class." I push the doors immediately after speaking and I enter the classroom.

Breathe Ramona, you don't need to react, you just have to get back to your table and finish your assignment.

I sit in my seat and I place my elbows on the table then my head in my hands and I tell myself that what I think about other girls is wrong, it's not normal, heterosexual relationships are normal, they are right.

I am not normal if I think of girls the way I think of Ricardo, I'm not normal.

Something drops on the table and I realize I'm crying. I wipe my tears away quickly and I look around to see if anyone saw me.

Aphrodyte did, she looked away quickly when she saw me looking.

"Ramona, is everything alright?" The teacher walks closer to me with a concerned look on her face and I nod my head quickly, indicating that I am.

I take a deep breath with folded fist on the table then I shut my eyes for a second. Keep it together, just a few hours until school ends.

Well, this chemical mix isn't going to get mixed itself.

My elbows rest in my lap as they support my hands that were holding up my head from my chin that sat in them. I was watching Ricardo do the butterfly with his teammates.

I should have done some sports, it would look good on my college application form, but it's too late for that now, I guess all the non-sporting activities that I do around the school, being apart of the executive body, being in math and science clubs and my summer jobs will suffice.

"Wooooo!" I cheer and clap my hands as Ricardo reaches the wall first, it was tight though, because the other guy was probably 3 seconds less behind.

I knew it was practice but I was really glad he came first and for the simple fact that this means they were going to be done for the day and, I'd be able to get my butt home.