Chapter 10 - Friend In Need, Indeed.

~C H A P T E R
T E N~

A number of things were taking place before me. The emergency ward was a terrifying place to be and I wonder why I want to be a doctor. I sigh then looked down in my lap.

My fingers ran over soft curly hair and my heart felt warm, Aphrodyte was crying but the simple fact that she was this close to me was enough to make my heart feel warm.

Nonetheless, I was a little hurt, hurt because she was hurting. But why was I here instead of her girlfriend?

"This is karma." She says, her voice sounding choked and teary. "What is?"

"My parents told me to stay away from her, they told me that she was bad and I defied them." Was she finally confessing that she was in a relationship with a girl?

"This is all my fault." She sits up then puts her head in her hands. "I'm the reason they met in the accident."

"Don't be ridiculous Aphrodyte, you being friends with someone your parents told you not to can't be the reason they met in a car accident." She looks at me, her eyes red with fear, anger and regret.

"She's not my friend Ramona, she's my girlfriend."

"Oh." I raise a brow as if I didn't know and she looks away. "Are they not okay with you being a lesbian?" I asked, wondering if her situation was similar to mine.

"They are fine with the fact, it's just that, they think my relationship with her is toxic." I sigh and say nothing, I didn't know what to say, I didn't know what to do. But, I'm guessing that this was the reason I was here and not her girlfriend.

There was now a silence between us, it was awkward and I look on at to the events taking place on the emergency ward.

"Miss Wellman?" A doctor says as she walks up to us, her hand leaving mine as she comes to her feet and I stand too.

"Yes?"

"You're parents are going to be just fine, they want to see you now." The doctor smiles and I feel like can relax now.

"Thank you for your support," she begins as she looks at me. "You can go now." She walks off and I feel a little used.

"Wait." Her eyes shut for a few as she scrunches her face and walks back to me. "I didn't mean that in a bad way, I just don't know how long I'll be and I don't want you to wait by yourself for me."

Her explanation makes me feel a little better and I smile at her. "I'll see you at school Monday?" I say taking up Ricardo's car keys and my phone. "Definitely." She says and then she pulls me in a hug, her braless chest pressing into my braless chest, I try to think of other things.

"Thanks again."

"You're welcome." She releases me and then she went on her way.

"It's 2:30pm, where have you been?!" Ricardo says as he walks quickly to me entering his house. "The hospital." I say as I walk pass him. "What? Why?" His voice changing from angry to concerned.

"Aphrodyte called me, her parents were in an accident and she needed a friend." I walk until I get to the kitchen.

"Will they be alright?" I take a seat and he stands on the other side of the kitchen island.

"Yes, they'll be just fine, I left her leaving to go talk to them." I place both hands on the surface of the island and trail off.

Her breast were so soft, her body in my arms felt so good.

"Have you eaten?" I shake my head to say no and he sighs. "Leave it to you to forget that you have to eat."

"Hey, I didn't forget, I was pretty caught up."

"Mhm, do you mind eating reheated pancakes and bacon?"

"I have no problem." He puts some food on a plate and then he pops it in the microwave.

It was Saturday night, the end of the day, a day that consisted of me waking up the morning after I lost my virginity and rushing out of the house to be at the hospital, to coming home at 2:30pm for breakfast and spending the rest of the day with my boyfriend doing homework.

"Horror, action, romance, fantasy, sci-fi, thriller-" I chuckle causing him to stop listing the different genres of movies to choose from.

"Just pop a horror movie in, I feel like I can actually watch one now that you're here to protect me." He blushes then turns around to search for the movie, the vibration of my phone turning my attention from his athletic, shirtless body.

A message flashes over my screen and I take it up immediately.

Aphrodyte: I'm outside your window, it's closed and there is no sign of you in your bed.

Ramona: That's because I'm not there.

Aphrodyte: Oooo, is somebody on another date? ;)

Ramona: Heh, sorta... what did you want tho?

"Hey, is that your mom checking up on you?"  I chuckle and put the phone away as he sits beside me.

"Oddly enough, we haven't interacted since I left yesterday, I mean she's always on my tail but now... I feel, free."

"You're mother is a strange woman, I'll tell you that," he places his hand around me and I lean into him, "but I guess she has her reasons."

"I guess." I retort looking at the screen, she has her reasons alright, one which includes her prize daughter being bisexual.