5 《§çřęęçh》

Chapter 5 (Screech)

Tord POV

I quickly made my way to my office. I Pau was already inside with a stack of papers. Like many other papers from this project, they were yellowed with time.

"Good work," I purred as I sat in my chair with a smirk, "this is why you're my best,"

"Thank you, Red Leader," he replied with a nod as he handed me a file with a small stack of papers tucked inside.

"These are all the scientist that work on the project the head of the project, Sander Pine, aka "Professor Pineapple"

Clipped to his paperwork was a picture of a plump man in what seems to be a yellow shirt with spiked hair. Pineapple indeed.

Pau continued to give me an overview of the project as I look through the file, "What the project was to make a serum to turn a normal solder into a demonic monster hybrid," Pau explained as he showed me blurry pictures.

Giant quadrupeds cover in, what seemed to be thick fur or scales, in colors from the darkest black to a pastel yellow. Every appendage had at least one horn, spike or claw.

Some had different features of random animals, such as wings and gills.
"And lastly, a lead on who the subject is," Pau said once I gave him my full attention once more.

"Who," I spoke lowly as if afraid to be overheard, eyes unconsciously narrowing.

"All I've found so far was the school they went to," Pau said he looked me in the eyes and said, "Westward middle school,"

That sound familiar...

Wait.

Wait, that's where Edd, Matt, Tom, and I went. Subject 431 went to the same school as ME. As the bumbling fools, I call friends?

It could have killed the- me! I thought quickly changing my thoughts from the dimwits I call friends.

"You mean...?"  I asked my father figure, not wanting to say it.

" Yes," he said defeatly, he sent his only son to a school with a demon. A demon from a different army.

--------

“Tom!” Edd screeched flicking the lights on,

“What Edd?” Tom asked groggily as Edd had just woken him up with unholy screeching. Only non-superpowered-superheroes got up at this time of day.

Edd needs a hobby, Tom thought as he snuggled deeper into his warm cocoon of blankets.

“Tom! Your room is a mess,” Edd motioned to said man’s normally clean that was cluttered. Oh, yeah, he needed to get around to that.

“Edd,” Tom started slowly as if talking to a child, “I'm a full grown man, leave me alone,” Tom grumbled as he his under his covers from the blinding light.

Tom heard Edd sighed, then the boy with the void eyes felt the blankets be yanked off his bed Leaving him defenseless to the cool air of his room.