Two

[tori]

Half an hour passed. I ended up getting Matilda's things from her locker, along with mine. I was hesitant leaving her though. If I've learned anything, its that omegas shouldn't be left alone for long periods of a time.
When I came back with her backpack in my hand, she looked miserable. Her face was buried in a pillow. She looked so helpless...
I placed her stuff to the side and ran my fingers through her hair. She seemed to relax a bit. "You still alive?"
She mumbled a no.
I sighed. "Matilda, come here," I said, taking off my hoodie. I was only wearing a tank top underneath—I changed since I knew I wouldn't be going back to the gym later today. She stared at me in fear.
"W-why?"
I held out my hoodie to her. "Put this on."
"I-it's too hot in here..."
"Then take of your clothes."
"T-Tori!" She yelled. I looked at her, expression unmoving.
"What?" I said, throwing my hoodie at her. "Just put it on."
With a red face, she told me to turn away. I did as she asked. When I looked back I noticed how big my hoodie was on her. I wear it all the time, so my scent should be heavy on it. Omegas crave an alpha's scent.
Matilda nearly immediately laid back down.
She mumbled something under her breath.
"What?"
She kept mumbling, but I heard something along the lines of "I'm hungry."
"Do you want me to get you some lunch from the cafeteria or something?"
"No," she said. "Cafeteria food it disgusting."
I grabbed my bag and pulled out a container. "I've got like, a whole batch of brownies in my bag."
Matilda immediately perked up. "Yes."
I handed her the box of sweets.
"Why do you have so much?" she asked me.
"My... boyfriend really likes them, so I bring them for him..."
She fell silent and became less enthusiastic in a matter of seconds. I rubbed the back of my neck.
I'm used to this, though. I'm constantly around omegas in heat—I'm the only one my age I know who can control themselves. I watched as Matilda slowly ate the brownies.
Eventually, the end-of-school bell rang. Matilda's parents still aren't here...
I looked to her. She fell asleep again...
Cute.
It didn't take long, but the nurse came in to check on us again. She sighed. "Your..." she paused and started again, seeing Matilda sleeping, and turned to me. "Her parents never answered the phone. I've called them multiple times. I can't let you two stay here for long."
I sighed. "Aright. Where does she live? I can probably walk her there if it's not too far."
"It's about a mile or two from here," she said, then told me the adresss.
I thought for a minute and looked at Matilda. "I'll walk her there."
The nurse nodded her head. "Please leave as soon as possible," she said before leaving.
I shook Matilda awake. She groaned and rolled over. As soon as she saw my face her's started to burn up.
"Wake up, you have to go home."
She looked confused. "My parents came?"
"No, they didn't. I'll be walking you there."
"What... what time is it?"
"It's 3:00. School just ended."
She sat up. She still looked tired, but she looked more in control.
"Can you walk? It's not too far away... at least to me..."
She nodded, "I think I could..." She yawned.
"Lets go."