Chapter - 26

Next part Continued ahead of this part.

Sarah's POV

As soon as I heard the last line he said my sleepy eyes poped out of their sockets. I was out of the sheets and 10feet away from him.

"Mate?"
"I ?"
"Yours?"
"As in your life partner? "
"For life? "

"Yes"

Damien gave me a look which said 'You're overreacting.'

I know I looked hyper crazy but being Mate to this beast was like a livinghell for me.

"No. You're kidding me right? "

"No." he growled wrapping his right hand around me and scooping me up.

When did he get this close. Shit! I gulped as he tucked us in again.

I tried to scoot away but his hold on me didn't allow me otherwise.

"Calm down little one. " he was asking me to calm down in a voice which was anything but calm.

"Tell me how. " I dared him.

"I'm sure you wouldn't want me to. " my eyes widened and mouth ajar.

"Close it or should I? " he smirked getting closer to me.

I looked at him and then at his lips. Dang! The offer was tempting.

His lips were almost on mine when I saw his eyes. Deep amber filled with lust. My breaths got heavier. Rather than being scared, I was hypnotised towards them.

I closed my eyes as his lips brushed mine and a moan escaped my mouth. I could feel his hot breaths on my cheek, waiting in anticipation.

He grunted and tugged on my hair harshly, exposing my bare neck to him. He took a whiff of my scent.

I opened my eyes seeing him staring at me.

"Soon Littleone." A look of hurt crossed my face. I felt disappointed in myself for being so giving to him. I felt so neglected so worthless. Damn hormones.

"No." he pulled me to his chest. "It's not like that. I want you need you more than anything. But now isn't the best time for this. "

I looked at him with questioning eyes.

"Weren't you mad at me before? " he reminded me, trying to distract my temporary one track mind. Temporary cause I'm not always like this.

I wonder what's making me so desperate. I looked away embarrassed.

"Yeah right. Thank you. So where were we? "

"We are here in bed and you are sleeping now."

"No..... " I exaggerated. He gave me look which shut me up but my eyes never left hope, pleading him to continue.

"You need to wind up your head around this dear, before I tell you further. "

"There's more to this? " I questioned scooting up again.

He sighed and pulled me down again while I struggled to sit up. But who was I kidding? He had an upper hand anyways.

He made me lay down again. "No littleone you have enough to wrap your head around. "

" I won't be able to sleep knowing there's more to it." he smiled.

"That's why I'm here." as he said this, he switched off the lights and closed my eyes. He pulled me into his warm embrace.