Hell, I'm Still a Man

Joe is on his way to Renee's apartment building already dreading their two hour drive to the Hamptons. The thought of being stuck in a car, let alone live with, that woman seriously grates on his nerves. Since he was a professional he will treat this like any other assignment.

He heard she had to go shopping for a new wardrobe yesterday because she needed to look the part of someone with money, and her off the rack suits weren't going to cut it. Hopefully she got something nice so she doesn't embarrass him, but it's not likely. She was also supposed to pick up their fake wedding rings from the jeweler yesterday. He can only hope she got that right at least since everything was already preordered by the bureau.

As he pulled up to her apartment he took a deep breath blowing it out slowly trying to relax. He got out of the car so he could let her know he was there, but she was already sitting in front of the building with her bags. When he came around the car to the sidewalk he watched her get up from the bench and was utterly shocked at what he saw.

She was dressed in cut off jean shorts that stopped a little above mid-thigh, a light blue fitted tank top, and some blue low-top Converse sneakers. Her body was curvy with the right amount of firm and soft. Plus, she had legs for days. Her skin was the color of cocoa butter and looked just as smooth and creamy from head-to-toe. The hair that is usually pinned up tight in a bun was in a loose ponytail hanging long, stopping just past her shoulders, and looked very silky. She was wearing a pair of dark brown sunglasses on the top of her head. He had never seen her outside of her work clothes, and this was definitely different. Honestly it was downright sexy. There was a tightening in his pants that he had to try and keep at bay.

He was so taken aback he almost tripped on the curb as he walked toward her. When he got close enough to see her face he momentarily lost his breath. By most standards, on a regular basis, she is attractive, but today she was absolutely beautiful. He didn't know if it was the sunlight but her skin was immaculate. In all the years they've worked together he never noticed her eyes, but he did today and they were spectacular. They were like honey or a light mahogany in color with long flowing lashes. Her mouth was amazing, full succulent lips. He licked his own as he thought about kissing her deeply and passionately tasting her sweetness.

All he could do was stand there and stare at her, motionless. He was so caught up in her that he didn't hear her calling him until she started waving her hands in front of his face.

            "Hello, Costello. Hello." She yelled.

            "Uh, yes Mason, are you ready to go." He said clearing his throat.

            "As ready as I'm going to be."

He watched her start to pick up the three bags she had sitting on the sidewalk.

            "Here, let me get those for you."

He reached for the bags and she looked at him like he had lost his mind. She is most likely confused by his behavior. Hell he's confused by his behavior, acting like a fucking idiot.

            "I can manage, Costello." She said trying to pull the bags away from him.

            "I insist. If you want to take the small one I will take the two larger ones."

He didn't wait for a response but just started walking toward the car which was a black BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo. The bureau wanted to make sure they would fit in so they went all out. He loaded her bags in the trunk of the car next to his. Before he could open her car door she had already opened it and got in. He took another deep breath as he walked around to the driver's side and got in.