Two: Ela and the Date

Gab's POV

Why is Ela not here? And also West. Where are they?

I looked around and at the door,waiting for Ela to arrive before class starts. Sadly,we started and for two hours,Ela wasn't there.

Before our 11:30 class starts,everyone was quiet. Then someone went into the classroom. I quickly rose up and said,"Ela!"

"Hey,Gab." Ela greeted. And she sat beside me since I'm her bestfriend.

"What happened? Why weren't you at school?" I asked full of concern.

"I hit my head. Then West--"

"Wait. What?! You hit your head? Why? Did you go to the hospital? What happened?" I asked nervously.

"Gab,let me finish. As I was saying,West didn't allow me to go to school. So,I stayed home to rest. But I'm completely okay now." She explained.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yup."

"Ela." Then I held her hand.

"Yes?"

"Be careful,okay? I don't want anything bad to happen to you. Because you're important to me and I love you."

"Hey. Hey. Hey! What did I hear?" West said while holding Ela in the shoulder.

"Didn't you hear?" I asked.

"I did. But I have rules. This is my sister. No love,study first." West said.

"West.." Ela complained.

"Ela!" West shout-whispered.

"West,I have no bad intentions towards your sister. She was my first friend. And she's very important to me. As important as her to you." I explained.

"Well,then. I've known you as a good guy. So okay,you may talk." West said.

West looked at Ela and said,"Ela,I have to go now. Take care." Then he kissed her head. Ela nodded.

"I think classes are postponed. Because the teacher texted me and she said that she's going to be absent." I told Ela.

"Ah. Okay. So,do you wanna eat?"

"I'm also hungry. Let's go?"

"Oh. Wait. I'll text West first."

She texted West. "Okay. Sent."

"Let's go then."

"Okay."

We were walking when Aya went near us.

"HI!" Aya shouted energetically.

"Uh. Hey?" I said. "Not to be rude but,what are you doing near us?"

"Gab!" Ela shouted and kicked me.

"What?" I complained.

"Guys,guys! Stop! Okay,classes are canceled,right?" She asked.

"Yeah." I replied.

"Then....let's hangout with the others!"

"Uh. Ela,excuse us." I told Ela and I pulled Aya away.

"Listen,Aya. I want to date with Ela.." I saw she reacted. "Aya,Aya! Calm,okay? Can you leave us alone? I don't mean to be a bad friend but---" she cut me off.

"Yes. Yes!! You don't need to tell me. Now go! Go and date!" Aya said with a big smile and encouraging eyes.

"One more favor,Aya." I said.

"Yes?"

"Please don't tell the others."

"Okay! Go!"

I went back to Ela. "Hey,uh. Aya decided not to go with us. Because...uh. She needs to finish something."

"Oh! Alright. So,where will we eat?"

"Let's go to the mall,is it?"

"Yeah."

We went to the mall and decided to eat at a seafood restaurant that my father owns. My father was there and he greeted me.

"Son!" My dad went near me and tapped my shoulder. "Who's the lucky lady?" He said,looking at Ela with an excited look. He seems to see that Aya's beautiful.

"Dad,this is Ela. Remember? Ela Rodriguez."

"This is Ela? Ela,ang laki laki mo na ah!" He talked tagalog. Ela laughed.

"Opo,Tito. Freshmen na po kami eh. Anyways,Tito, pwede po ba kumain dito?" Ela asked.

"Aba sure,hija. Son,everything's for free." Dad said.

"Wow,Dad! Ngayon lang ah." And we all laughed.

"Anyways,I have to go. Enjoy!" Dad said.

We ordered and we kept on talking about things.

Next,we went to the arcade. Then we bought Subway for West so that he won't get mad.

It's 6:00 and I brought Ela home. (West's rules)

West looked calm and he didn't punch me in the face as I expected.

"Goodnight,Ela." I said.

"Goodnight." Then she went inside the house. I saw her kiss West a goodnight and went upstairs.

I walked away but then West went outside the door and talked to me.

"Hey. Nililigawan mo ba yung kapatid ko?" He asked and I was surprised.

"Uy,hindi ah. Diba nga,bestfriend niya ako?" I replied and I know I sounded nervous.

"Yeah. She's your bestfriend. Pero bestfriend mo din ako. And I know if you're lying." West said but I didn't expect he'd be calm.

"Bakit mo tinatanong? Papayagan mo ba ako?" I asked.

"Yan na nga ba sinasabi ko eh. So,may balak kang ligawan?" West asked.

West's POV

I know I don't allow Ela to be courted. But Gab seems such a really nice guy. And he follows my rules for my sister.

"Oo eh." Gab answered.

"Okay lang yan. Kasi napatunayan mo naman sakin na wala kang masamang intensyon sa kapatid ko. Kaya sige,pwede mo na siyang ligawan."

"Talaga?" Gab asked, looking excited.

"Yes. But don't expect me to make this easy for you. Ang manliligaw sa kapatid ko,dapat may effort."

"Sige,ha! Totoo ba to? Sigurado na yan ha."

I slapped his head. "Sira ka talaga. Syempre. Sige. Bukas nalang sa school."

"Sige."