Eight: The Unexpected

Mr. Rodriguez's POV

Yes,I also have a POV. I'm their dad.

I heard everything from their conversation yesterday. And I know exactly what happened. They thought I was at work,but I was actually spying on them.

Ela walks in the dining room to eat breakfast.

West's POV

I was actually not in the mood for eating breakfast and I barely eat. Then out of a sudden I heard footsteps. I looked up and it was Ela.

"Ela!" I said with a glow in my face which I can't explain. I stood up and hugged her. "Ela!!"

"Kuya,we need to talk." Ela said,fierce.

"Why? Are you mad at me?"

"Frankly,yes. So finish eating quick. Dad,we need to talk too."

"Yes,ma'am." Dad teases to loosen up the fiery tension between Ela and I. But it obviously did not help at all.

I was about to tell her something but she turned around.

"That's all I came here for." She said. As if she doesn't have feelings. As if she didn't care. I tried to tell her something once again,but she walked away.

Dad and I finished our breakfast and went to the living room where we're supposed to talk to Ela.

"Ela,I'm sorry." I said.

"I don't need your sorry. I need your explanation." Ela said.

"Fine. I lied to you because I don't want him near you. He kissed you. I don't like that."

"You said it was okay." Ela said.

"But,it's not what I meant--"

"No. You did all this to hurt me. You lied to me! And you made my own boyfriend mad at me!"

"I'm just trying to protect you!!!"

"Protect me?! No! You're ruining me! Stop messing with my life!"

Ela's POV

Those words keep playing in my mind. It's been three days and it's time for West's burial. Yes,he's gone.

This is all my fault. I said those words and then he ran away. That's why he got hit by a truck.

"Dad...Dad,I'm sorry." I whispered to my dad and I cried. "This is all my fault!"

"Shh. Darling,don't say that." Dad comforted.

"No,Dad! This is all my fault!" I said to Dad.

Someone asked,"Sir,may I speak to your daughter?"

"Oh,sure,young man." He said.

"Ela?" The boy said.

I turned around. "Gab?"

"Yes."

"Wha-what? What are you doing here?"

"I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry too."

"I love you."

*moment of silence*

I looked up,sighed,smiled,then hugged him. "I love you too."