Nightmare

Shiro

Yn had crawled into bed hours ago. She practically sunk into the grey sheets next to Shiro. She let his breathing lull her to sleep and he drew circles in her skin with his fingertips. His eyes watched over Her with a protective sadness she had they had become too comfortable with. Then he stoped moving and she realized he had fallen asleep. Yn slid his arm over her and leaned her head against his chest as she, too, drifted to sleep. But now, she is awake. Shiro had turned over in the night and they had both taken separate sides of the bed. But what wake her wasn't the sudden chill of his absence or the shift of weight in the bed. It was Shiro beginning to shake and whimper. His muscles were tense and his fists were clenched. Yn sat up and watched as his groans and whimpers turned into screams. His limbs tangle in the sheets as he trashes his legs and Yn jumps to his side. She tries to shake him awake and calls out his name frantically but he only struggles more. Without thinking her hand strikes him across the face and she says his name one more time. Then he's awake and staring up at her. Tears are flowing down his cheeks and her arms are already around him when he begins to sob.the silence around them allows her to hear every exhalation and quiver in his voice as he pulls her into his chest. The cold of his metal arm shocks her at first but then she eases into the cold touch. She looks up at him and begins to wipe away his tears.
"You know, I could never do this without you," His voice is rough and shake towards the end. Yn let's his sentence hand in the air for a moment and looks back into his eyes.
"You could have, you're strong," she tries to reassure him and caressed his cheek. He just shakes his head and pulls her a little but closer, finally relaxing against the bed.
"I love you," Yn tried to smile and ran her fingers through his hair.
"I love you," he mumbles as his breathing slows and he begins to drift off again.