Eight

About two hours later me and Susie’s parents burst through the Susie’s hospital room door. Moms make-up was smeared down her face and dad look surprisingly clam.

          Susie was sitting up in bed eating breakfast: scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns, and a cup of chocolate milk. A pained expression flew across her face.

          “Oh darling! Oh my god!” Mom sputtered as she broke down into tears. Dad stood next to her comforting her, still no expression on his face.

          “Hi mom and dad…Mom calm down it’s not like I’m dead.” As Susie said the word dead mom stopped crying and started screaming.

          “SUSIE B. ROBERTS! CHECK WERE YOU ARE! EXCATLY THE HOSPITAL! YOU WERE SO CLOSE TO DEATH! AND DON’T THINK BECAUSE YOUR IN THE HOSPITAL WERE GOING TO LET IT SLIDE THAT YOUR PREGANT!” Mom raised her voice at the word pregnant. Her face was bright read.

          During our mothers rant I found myself standing rock solid. My father walked away from mom and sat down on the couch, still no expression on his face. Susie had dropped her plastic fork in her scrambled eggs. Her eyes wide with shock.

          Then Dr. Lilly Costa walked in hardly noticing the tense vibe. Dr. Costa was probably about 35 years old. She was quite thin but she had her very own pregnancy bump. She had stunning green eyes and long brown hair. Basically you could say she was beautiful.

          “Hello I’m Dr. Costa. I’m guessing you are Mr. and Mrs. Roberts. I’d like to speak to you in private.” Dr. Costa and mom and dad walked out of the room. Mom being the last to leave slammed the door.

          “What do you think Dr. Costa is telling them?” Susie asked in a worried voice.

          “Dr. Costa already told me what she was going to tell them. She basically said you’re pregnant and it’s too early in the pregnancy to determine if there was any damage to the baby. You also got beat up pretty badly and you got a concussion. She also said you have to quite cheerleading and soccer.” I kept talking in such a fast pace I don’t think Susie got any of it.

          Before Susie could say anything the door swung open. Our parents were both smiling.

          “Hi baby girl.” Dad said. His smile was so big I was positive his face was going to get stuck. “You get to come home tomorrow, and don’t have to go back to school tell next week. For now me and your mother are going to go home. Macy are you going to come home with us?”

          I shook my head no. All I wanted was to stay with my big sister.

          “Okay well we will see you both later.” Dad said as he and mom sauntered out of the room.

          Susie went back to eat her breakfast. “  Macy you should go eat something. You haven’t really eaten anything in days.” Susie mumbled with hash browns falling out of her mouth.

          “I’m perfectly fine. I brought a pair of clothes with me so I’m going to go change.” I begun to turn and walk out of the room when Susie said “Macy I’m just looking out for you. I’m worried that your problem is com-“then I spun around and cut her off.

          “I DON’T have that issue any more, and you should be looking out for yourself, not me.” With that I walked out of the room. That little issue of mine was the past. Now I had all control.