Nineteen

Everyone crowed around me and we had a big group hug. I saw people like Lacey and Quan from my science class, Beth from middle school, obviously Seth and Emma, and almost all my other friends.

          My Mom and Dad shuffled up to me and my Dad spoke “Happy Birthday sweetheart. Your mom and I are leaving so you guys can enjoy the party, but it ends at 11 and that’s when we’ll be back.” Mom and Dad both gave me a kiss on the cheek and walked out the door.

          “Let’s really start this party!” Seth screamed. He cranked up the music, and everyone started dancing. I noticed other people I didn’t really know were here. Like some of Matt’s football friends and Susie’s cheerleaders.

          After about ten minutes of dancing I stumbled up stairs to my bedroom to change. I mean I had to look nice, it was my birthday party. When I arrived to my room, I noticed a dress bad laying across my bed. Curious, I picked it up and unzipped the bag.

          My mouth immediately dropped open. It was the dress I fell in love with at the Mall last month. It was a gorgeous blue, like a pretty ocean blue. It had a flower on the side and sparkles all over the bottom half. And then I remembered it cost 150 dollars.

          “You like it, I hope.” Susie said interrupting my thought. I nodded my head not being able to say anything. “Good” Susie continued “That’s kind of my gift to you. I’ll leave you to change into that beautiful dress.” After she shut the door, I instantly ripped off my clothes and tossed the dress on. I pulled my hair into a side fish tail braid and the holding my breath, walked down the stairs into the living room. All eyes flew on me. Everyone started cheer and screaming. Whistling came for all the guys’ mouths. Matt eyes kept running across my body.

          The party continued and we all had a ball. The dancing continued almost the whole time, no one wanted to leave the floor. When a slower song came on, one of Matt’s football friends, Liam Peters came to dance with me. He was quite the gentlemen. I have to say if I wasn’t “with” Matt I might just try for Liam.

          At about 10:30 we all went out back and had a huge water balloon fight, Liam protecting me. Right as the water balloon fight ended, my parents arrived home. Everyone stood in line to give me a sloppy wet goodbye hug.

          I sauntered up stairs feeling happier than ever. What a night. I opened my closet door as I slipped of my wet dress, looking for the perfect sweats and t shirt to wear. When I found my “Soccer Sis” Sweats I smiled and tossed them on my bed. Those were definitely a keeper. I tried to find the matching shirt.

          My bedroom door swung open and I screamed as I threw my arms over my bear chest. “OH MY GOD!” Me and Matt both yelled at the same time. “I am SO sorry!” Matt hollered running down the stairs. I quickly grabbed a shirt and threw it one.

          I skipped down the stairs to the living room and found Matt. He looked up and saw me and then quickly looked away. “I am so sorry.” He mumbled. “Let’s just pretend like it didn’t happen.” I replied quickly.

          “Well the reason I came to your room is I was going to give you your gift.” He handed me a little white box with a red bow on it. When I flipped open the box, a beautiful heart shaped locket appeared.  M&M was engraved on the front and when I opened it there was a picture of me and Matt in it.

           Tears started steaming down my face. I was one of the luckiest girl in the world. I started making out with Matt in the couch. I didn’t care if Susie caught us. I loved Matt.