Tae's Surprise - Part 15

Jinny:

Once we were done taking pictures, we waved goodbye and got into the limo.  When I was finally alone, I frowned. I was tired of the fake smile I had worn all night. I was physically and emotionally spent and I was close to despair and just wanted to cry. I looked out the window pretending to care about the moon and the night sky, distracting myself from the pain I was feeling. Tae didn't speak to me, but he reached over and took my hand in his as if he knew my pain.

Finally, he spoke, "Come closer to me, don't be scared."

I moved closer to him and looked at him questioning him in a monotone voice close to exhaustion. "Why would I be scared?"

"We don't have to do anything if you don't want to." He replied.

"Oh," I replied, my cheeks getting red when I understood what he meant. Although I had slept with Yoongi many times, and we had kissed and touched each other, I was still a virgin. I now wished I had not waited.

I pulled my hand away. "No, I'm very tired."

"I thought so." He said disappointed. "Would this be your first time?"

"Yes." I continued to stare out the window.

"We're almost there." He said pointing to a tall building.

Up ahead I could see a large hotel that he had chosen cause it was close to the airport. Tomorrow we were traveling to Fiji for our honeymoon, but for tonight we were still in Seoul. Still close to Min Yoongi. When I thought about him, my eyes started to water. Tae pulled me close and hugged me trying hard to comfort me. He was so sweet it was hard to reject him.

"I know, I know you miss him," he whispered into my hair. "But you have me now. I will take care of you cause I love you." I cried even more.

"Please don't cry," Tae said wiping my tears with his fingers his voice so soft it felt like a caress. "I have a surprise for you that I'm sure you're going to love."

"I don't want anything, Tae. Please don't give me any more presents," I said hiding my face.

When the car stopped, Tae came around and opened the door for me giving me his hand. I took it looking up at him seeing the disappointment on his face, every rejection was taking its toll.

Taehyung stayed quiet, awkwardly turning away from me. He turned back and tried to speak again, but the words didn't come.

He knew she would like her present, and as difficult as it was for him to do, he knew no better way to show her his love.

Tae offered me his arm as we were escorted to the room, the honeymoon suite. I entered the spacious room and looked around wondering what the surprise could be. There was a sitting area, a table for two romantically decorated with roses, candles and a bottle of champagne. I shyly looked away from the large bed that commanded the space.

"This is beautiful," I told him trying to show interest.  I watched my handsome husband as he put on some soft music that along with the dim lights gave the room a very romantic feel. I went to stand by the window looking out at the beautiful views of the city at night. I felt awkward being here alone with him.

"Jinny," Tae spoke softly standing behind me. "I love you more than I ever imagined I could love someone. That's why I want to give you this gift. Close your eyes, please. It's time for your surprise. I'm going to get it so don't open your eyes till I tell you."

Tae turned and walked out the door. I didn't want to disappoint him further, so I did as he said. I stood still waiting expectantly and jumped a little when I heard the door open again. My senses tingled wondering what it could be, and why he was being so mysterious. Tae was always giving me things so this was nothing new, but today it seemed more special. After all, it was our wedding night.