Wendigo

Black Water Ridge, Colorado

Two tents are set up near a fire ring. Crickets are chriping. Inside one of the tents are two young men, Brad and Gary, are playing head to head handheld video games.

"Dude, you're cheating." Brad says.

"No, you just suck." Gary tells him.

In the other tent, a third young men, Tom records a video message on his cell phone.

"Hey Haley, day six, we're still out near Blackwater, Ridge. We're fine, keepi mg safe, so don't worry okay? Talk to you tomorrow." Tom stops the recording and sends it.

Brad closes his game system and tosses it aside. Gary states at his system for a moment, then turns to look at brad, who is getting up and unzipping the tent.

"Hey, where ya goin'? My moment if victory."

"Nature calls." Brad replies and goes outside. He zips up the tent behind him. He goes to stand against a tree to relieve himself. The fire crackles and something steps on a stick. Brad looks towards the sound and sees the trees rustling. Brad shakes his head and returns his attention downward, then looks up sharply. Something growls. Inside Tom's tent, Tom, who is reading Joseph Campbell's the hero with a thousand faces, hears Brad scream. Inside Gary's tent, Gary hears the same and rolls over.

"Brad?"

Tom sits up, "Gary, what's goin' on?"

Gary opens the tent and sticks his head out to look around. He sees nothing. Growling. Gary looks up. Something pulls Gary out of the tent, he screams. Tom turns out the lantern he had on. Shadows move very quickly around the outside of Tom's tent. Tom looks around, his eyes following the shadows and growling. Silence falls, something slashes Tom's tent, Tom screams.

  We were  heading for Black Water Ridge. Sam jerked awake from his sleep.

"You okay?" Dean asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Another nightmare?" I asked him. Sam clears his throat and doesn't say anything.

"Want to drive for a while?" Smdean asks. I stare at Dean like he was crazy. When does he ever let anybody drive, he won't even let me drive, and I'm his girlfriend.

Sam chuckles, "in your whole life, you never once asked me and Sel that."

"Just thought that you might want to, never mind."

"Look, guys, you're worried about ne. I get that, and thank you, but I'm perfectly okay." Sam tells us.

"Mm-hmm."

"All right. Where are we?" Sam asks opening the map.

"We are just outside of grand junction." Dean says.

"You know what? Maybe we shouldn't have left Stanford so soon." Sam says.

"Sam, we dug around there for a week. We came up with nothing. If you want to find the thing that killed jessica. Got to find john first." I tell him.

"Dad disappearing and this thing showing up again after twenty years? It's no coincidence. Dad will have answers. He'll know what to do." Dean says.

"It's weird man. These coordinates he left us, this Black Water Ridge."

"What about it?" I ask.

"There's nothing there, it's just woods. Why is he sending us to the middle of nowhere?" Sam asks. We don't have the answers to that just yet.

We passed the welcome sign to lost creek. We were in the rangers station.

"So black water ridge is pretty remote. It's cut of by these canyons here, rough terrain, dense forest, abandoned silver and gold mines all over this place." Sam tells us.