Chapter Nine

© 2014 MellowDramatic All Rights Reserved No part of this story can be reproduced, duplicated or copied in any way.This storyline,the credit, the plot, and every word belongs to the author, please respect that and enjoy

I laced up my boots as I prepared for the first stage.I stomped my boots a couple times when I got outside and took Clover with me to eat.She sat down on my lap and I helped her eat food,which was larger than usual.I expected this is to be very easy,but my lack of training made me think otherwise.Since Lee and Elizabeth were also being tested,Cole was taking the reigns,figuratively speaking.I however had to go to the head office,a place I don't think i've ever seen,nor been too.I picked Clover up when her food was finished and held her in my arms.

Calixto

When she walking into the cafeteria with Clover by her side,I couldn't function.All could come to mind was pups.Dont get me wrong I want children,badly,but not now,not with her in these death ridden camps,and she's going to need some serious time off after this is over.The worst hasn't come yet,If I tell her the whole system will be finished,no more organization No more slavery,no more protection.We put up our walls for a reason to make sure no one gets in.

"Hi"Clover waved wildly.

"Hello Clover"I said.Tecusa still held her hand and she was nervous,i don't know if it was for Clover or herself.She let go of Clovers hand like it was the last time she'd be seeing her.It spilled with longing and regret.Tecusa tapped on Clovers shoulder and she turned around.Tecusa got down on one knee and hugged her.Clover was shocked for a moment but she hugged back.

"I'll see you soon kid"She whispered into her ear.Clover nodded and she sat down by me.She gave me a respectful nod like everyone did upon passing me.I wanted to call her and tell her good luck,but she was already gone.I turned to Clover with her blonde hair and freckles.

"Where is she going?"Clover asked

"Away"