6. the book

*aggressively thanks commenters*

gelgela29; bitterlemonade; VortexFlower; Hemming27; Ivory_Snow; JuliaG2; THGDivergentElsa7402; Thunder_Kitsune; Disney_Dreamworks_; angelarose_612; ElliemayRedfern; NevinneNathania; AllThings4Disney; Dreamcatcher-Megan; soccerluvrrrrrrrr; xTinkerAmyBellx; _Swimmer_author_; disney2butterfly; squishyfishes (queen); washingtonstate; Punzie_Glows; _pure_imagination_; Filipo97; Gisellestar; DisneyProject

~~~~~~~~~~

When I woke up, there were clouds in my eyes and lightning in my veins. Sucking in a mouthful of air, I clenched my fist, downy fabric gathering between my fingers.

A smile eased into my face. I was in bed. I was home. Any memories having to do with the night before were probably linked to an alcohol-induced dream.

And then I looked around the room, and I started to panic.

The walls were a golden color, embellished with tiny, painted flowers. A chestnut door tinted with red stood across from me, and pressed into the adjacent wall was a door of glass. Sketches of varying scenes were hung over identical dressers painted in a dainty white.

I was in a bedroom, but it wasn't mine.

I began to gnaw on my lip, lowering my head and examining myself- I was wearing the same dress that I'd worn to the club last night, but the bangles had disappeared.

"Where the hell am I?"

I leapt off of the bed and ran to the door, jiggling the handle. Locked. "Damn it!" I spun on my heel and ran to the glass doors on the opposite side of the room- also locked.

Panic breathed life into my adrenaline, and I began to search the room in search of something- anything- that would offer a hint as to where I was. I opened drawers with trembling hands, looked behind every individual piece of furniture- I even considered breaking the glass doors. If I could just get something big enough...

And then, I found it.

It was sitting on top of one of the dressers- a book, one that you'd see at the beginning of a classic Disney film. Thick, like a textbook, with golden engravings stamped onto the spine.

Had I not noticed the bookmark sticking out of its end, and had that bookmark not looked as though it were glowing, I wouldn't have spared it any thought.

"The hell?" I mumbled, pulling it off of the dresser. The cover was made of dark leather, and the corners were frayed and discolored. Obviously, I was not the first person to have found it.

I flipped to the section that had been marked. Two yellowing pages stared back at me, the words printed in crimson ink rather than black- blood. Just like blood. Cautiously, I took the bookmark between my fingers. Golden-inked words had been scrawled across its middle, with thin o's and looped g's and y's.

IVORY-

I don't know very much about you, but what I do know is that you're most likely confused about the situation that you've found yourself in. My name is Odelia Chime, though others refer to me as 'The Blue Fairy'. I am the Head Protectorate of the Disneyverse, simply meaning that I am the guardian who keeps this world in the control of the purehearted. I have brought you here because a certain beast needs to be slain- you are the only one who possesses the power to slay it. However, the situation that is plaguing our world isn't as simple as it sounds. While I am preparing for our first meeting, I'd like you to read pages 660 through 666 of this book- it will explain everything. I'll answer any questions later. I'm very much looking forward to meeting you personally.