~chapter one~

Father and daughter

"LILLEN!"

Wilford's POV

     I held my daughter close as I waited for a nurse to take me to Lilly's mother. Lilly started to whine a little.
        "Shh... it's okay papa's here!" I said looking though her bag. "Here you go baby..." I put a bottle in her mouth and she started to eat. She looked at me, her brown eyes looking into mine. I sighed. "I miss her too sweetheart. Let's just hope nothing bad happened in the crash. I'm just glad you're okay." I said, a small smile resting on my lips. A man who was sitting next to me looked at me. I just held Lilly in my arms who was now sleeping. I was hoping her mother was okay. Then my phone buzzed. It was Mark.

I look up to see a nurse walking to me

I put my phone away and looked up

       "Mr. Warfstache?" She asked. I nodded, standing up. She gave me a sad look. "I'm sorry, but she didn't make it..." she said. I tried to hold back my tears. "Did she have any family?"
         "No... well I don't really know... her parents never really talked to her." I said. She nodded.
         "Do you want to call someone to take you home? I noticed you don't have a car..." she said looking at me. "And to help you with your baby?" She added, gesturing to Lily. I pulled out my phone.
"Yeah... just give me a minute..." I said she nodded I then called Mark.

-a few minutes later-

        I was in the back seat with Lilly in the car seat. Mark in the drivers seat and Dark in the passenger seat. I wipe a tear away. Lilly was looking at me.
"Wilford you okay?" Mark asked looking at me though his rear view mirror. A tear rolled down my cheek and my breath hitched a little.
"I-I really don't know.... Lilly is only 2 mouths... and she has no mother.... I don't know how to take care of her..." I said. Mark had a kid I knew that, but he's with Amy right now.
"Wilford, me and Amy can stay with you if you want! And because Dark was kicked out of his apartment, he can live with you and help as well.... I know this is scary, but we're all here for you!" He said. I nodded, Lilly's gaze still placed on me. I smiled a little bit.
"What are you staring at goofy goober!" I said tickling her toes a little bit. She smiled and gave a happy laugh. I chuckled a little bit. Then we arrived at the house. Of course it's big! I'm rich, what do you expect? I got out, retrieving Lily and her car seat. Dark and Mark got out as well. Dark held the door open for me. "Thank you Dark!" I grinned softly, walking inside. He nodded, following behind me along with Mark.
      "Master! You're home! Would you like me to take Lilly for you?" Asked Kate, my head of staff.
         "Would you? I've had a long night..." I said. She nodded and took the carrier from my hands. "Thank you Kate!" I praise as she walked up the stairs. She looks back, giving me a gentle smile.
         "Come on Wil! Let's get you to bed and we can work things out tomorrow." Dark requests. I nod, heading towards the stairs.
"You two mind sharing a room for now? Some of the guest rooms are locked..." I said. They nodded in understanding and I headed up stairs. I got to my room and laid on my bed. I sighed looking at the ceiling. With that, the tears finally fell. And just kept falling. I gripped my pillow tightly, the droplets soaking into the fabric. Just then, Lily's wails entered my ears. I got up and walked to her. "Hey baby... it's okay papa's here." I picked her up. Tear rolled down her face. I bounced her a little, hoping to calm her. I walked to my room with her cradled in my arms. "You're gonna sleep with Papa tonight. He could use the company..." I said. She looked up at me, her little lips curling into a smile. I smiled back. I laid her gently on the bed before forming a pillow fort around her to prevent her from falling off the bed and to make sure I don't roll on her. I place myself next to her, Lily's eyes slowly dropping. The same for me.