Chapter 4: Jastrick Fluff and Reyes Family Drama

"Okay, stop, stop." Patrick pushed Jasper's hands away from himself. "I need to tell you something."

"Sure." Jasper said, propping his chin up on his hand.

"Pete asked me out!" Patrick exclaimed, beaming.

"You're kidding."

Please say you are and laugh about it.

"I'm not! I have a boyfriend- Pete Wentz is my boyfriend! I never thought I'd be able to say that!" Patrick giggled, falling back onto the bed.

Neither did I.

"That's. . . I'm happy for you." Jasper gave him a tight-lipped smile.

"I'm going to be sitting with him at lunch from now on-" Patrick glanced at Jasper and cut himself off short. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

Whoops, there goes my streak of two hundred sixty-eight days. Thanks.

Patrick sat up, turning to face Jasper. "Jasper, please don't lie to me."

"I'm not lying," Jasper lied.

"You just did," Patrick pointed out.

"I'm not lying, Patrick." Jasper was still lying.

"Jasper, you can tell me what's wrong. You know I won't judge." Patrick must've thought that he was being helpful.

Jasper shook his head slightly. "No, it's fine, I just thought about cats and dogs and then remembered that I'm not allowed to get a cat or a dog because Martha is allergic to both."

"Your mom is allergic to- from now on you're living at my house!" Patrick declared.

"Can I?" Jasper blurted.

"Can you live at my house?" Patrick asked, laying back down. Jasper copied him, nodding. "I don't have a spare bedroom but. . . why not?"

"You have a boyfriend," Jasper pointed out.

"We've been dating for like a day- it's not like we're married!" Patrick giggled. "He certainly doesn't live at my house either!"

"I'd hope not. Your mum would freak." Jasper moved slightly so his shoulder was against Patrick's.

"True. She doesn't like him that much," Patrick stated.

"She doesn't really like me either," Jasper offered.

"Yeah, but she likes you more than Pete. She described him as an emo f-boy," Patrick recalled.

"Wow, perfect description," Jasper said, not really sarcastically because it was quite accurate of a description from someone who didn't know Pete.

The younger boy hummed in agreement before both of them fell silent.

"You're weird," Patrick said after a few minutes.

"You just realised?" Jasper asked.

"No, but it took a while to realise you're the good kind of weird," Patrick explained.

"There's different kinds of weird?" Jasper glanced at Patrick curiously.

"I think so. I can't tell the difference, but I think you're the good kind." Patrick kept looking at the ceiling.

"Thanks, 'Trick."

"Also, I read somewhere that if you have a crush on someone for like more than three months it means it's love, so that's interesting," Patrick said, ruining the 'yay Jastrick friendship' mood.

"You can't go five minutes without talking about Pete, can you?" Jasper sighed.

"That wasn't about Pete!" Patrick whined. Jasper raised an eyebrow. "Okay, it was. A little bit."

"You're not fooling anyone, Stump."

~

"How about I fucking leave, then? Because you certainly don't have a daughter, and if you want only one son, this is the only way for that to be a reality!"

"Stop pretending to be my son! You are my daughter!"

"Stop pretending to be a mother! You stopped being an actual mother years ago!"

"Get out!"

"Have a shitty day!"

Jasper was shaking Patrick's shoulders. The other boy had stayed the night at Jasper's house (obviously, Martha had no idea).

"Wha. . ?" Patrick mumbled sleepily.

"We need to leave. Martha just kicked Alex out- she's going to do the same to me if she finds out that- y'know." Jasper's words were quiet and rushed. He had also done the thing that mostly straight and cis people did- use 'y'know' instead of saying gay or transgender or something.

Patrick scrambled out of the bed, pulling on his pants and shirt (because Jasper and Patrick are friends and sleep in their boxers next to each other extremely platonically).

Jasper grabbed his backpack (the one that he kept in his closet because he had a fear of being forced out of his house with no clothes) and his phone.

"Window," Jasper whispered, motioning to said window.

Patrick nodded after getting his shoes on (Jasper had been fully dressed for the past thirty minutes).

It took both of them about five minutes to get out of the house.

It took another five minutes for Jasper and Patrick to get to Patrick's house, and thirty minutes to explain everything to Patrick's extremely tired mother.

"Just go to sleep- I have stuff tomorrow-" she yawned, "-tomorrow morning."

Jasper ended up falling asleep pressed against Patrick (they were totally spooning) because Patrick was really good at calming Jasper's anxiety, and if anything gave Jasper anxiety it was his brother getting kicked out and him kind of running away.

~

More shitty Jastrick and bam Reyes drama cause I wanted to (no I was actually just pressed for ideas)

I went to a Fall Out Boy concert yesterday (that's why I didn't update then), and I'm probably going to post the pictures I took as a chapter tomorrow or link my twitter (which is where I posted most of them).

~Alex